What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Spring 2011

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I bought a bottle of each FRSB and Wathen's this afternoon for tasting. Both are interesting but certainly don't compliment each other. I'll have to take them out later by themselves.

Yesterday BMH 16.

Got an extra PVW 15 & ORVW 10 90 earlier in the week.

Had some cocktails with michter's this week too. Great for making cocktails.

Not to forget, EC 18 Tuesday.

Busy week.

Bottle of ORVW 107. Can't wait to get home and have a pour! :grin:

2 Pappy 15's

1 Lot B

1 OWA 107 - 1 liter in the old label, "7 Summers" for $27!

I don't believe there are any "true" dusties to be found in greater Dallas.

A pair of VW 13yo Rye while traveling the back roads of Maryland...

I know where two more of them are in the DC/BMore area. A little pricey though. Were the ones you picked up $65/bottle? If so, you may have found the ones I'm talking about.

I know where two more of them are in the DC/BMore area. A little pricey though. Were the ones you picked up $65/bottle? If so, you may have found the ones I'm talking about.

$56 /bottle..............

Two more liters of this "Antique" bourbon I posted about a few weeks ago. Going to send to a friend in KY for trade/analysis :grin:

post-6850-14489817312623_thumb.jpg

$56 /bottle..............

Maybe I'm dyslexic. :cool: I really considered picking them up at $65, but I opted for 2 ORVW 10/107s at $35/bottle instead. They were B bottles from 2008. The 2008s I've tried to date have been great...so...

Two more liters of this "Antique" bourbon I posted about a few weeks ago. Going to send to a friend in KY for trade/analysis :grin:

You shouldn't keep them on their side like that.

While working my way from Detroit to Toledo I managed to find a ND OGD 86 handle from 1985...the asshole behind the counter decided to tighten the cap and rip the tax strip...oh well...I was planning on drinking it anyway. :)

I also found a Ancient Ancient Age 90pr 10 star from 95 for $14...to cheap to pass up! ;)

Grabbed an EH Taylor off the shelf for $75... left 2 behind. I think it is a very nice whiskey and one hell of a terrible value....

I've been disappointed by the recent Eagle Rare 10 that I've had. The bottles I drank last year were all Binny's chosen barrels, and I think they were more complex and powerful.

I noticed Binny's current ER10 was hand-picked, so I picked up a bottle last night. I've yet to have a taste.

Bought my first bottle of Blanton's today. I've had it plenty of times in the past, but somehow have never bought it myself. It will be a good addition to the bunker.

Bought my first bottle of Blanton's today. I've had it plenty of times in the past, but somehow have never bought it myself. It will be a good addition to the bunker.

Don't you mean it will be a good addition to the bar?

No way that thing stays closed for long.

Jack, Jack, your getting thirsty.....and wouldn't a Blanton's taste good about now.....

Jack, Jack, your getting thirsty.....and wouldn't a Blanton's taste good about now.....

Haha...I'm sure it will move to the bar quickly, but I need to clear some space first. The last thing that I need is another open bottle right now. I'm thinking that it will take the place of my WTKS in the not-so-distant future!

1xORVW10/107 - My first one! Tastes exactly how I wanted it to, very much like the 90 but with oomph!

2xPVW15 - I have to stop buying these...

I picked up a WT RR 90 and a WTRB today.

Don't want to be caught short.

Alright Robert, you were right. It didn't stay closed very long...I'm enjoying a pour from it right now!

A PVW20 while visiting my folks in Detroit (thanks Oscar and Tony!)

Also found a Pewter Top Kentucky Spirit from 95. I don't like it's odds to survive the weekend...

Nice wok Eric, hope you enjoyed your visit, wish we could have had a drink. Maybe next time. 1995 Pewter top shouldn't make it past the weekend, it's just too drinkable!

Cheers!

Alright Robert, you were right. It didn't stay closed very long...I'm enjoying a pour from it right now!

While working my way from Chicago to Detroit to Toledo to Chicago I managed to find the following:

AAA 10 star 90pr 1994

ND OGD 86 handle 1985

FR Mariage 2009

4 Old Forrester Bonded dimple liters 1990

1 Old Forrester 86 dimple liter 1886

2 ND OGD 86 handles 1992

Grabbed another couple EC18 from the Feb. 92 time frame. All of these have been excellent.... Thanks Oscar!!

While working my way from Chicago to Detroit to Toledo to Chicago I managed to find the following:

AAA 10 star 90pr 1994

ND OGD 86 handle 1985

FR Mariage 2009

4 Old Forrester Bonded dimple liters 1990

1 Old Forrester 86 dimple liter 1886

2 ND OGD 86 handles 1992

1886, wow, that's one hell of a dusty! Congrats!

I answered my phone's jingle jingle.

The other end said "hey, we found some winkle".

"Before we put it on the shelf, I thought you might want it for yourself."

Anyway, it was a bottle of VWFRR.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!