What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Spring 2011

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a bottle of WT101, with the new label, what can I say I am a sucker for good marketing, plus the stuff inside ain't to bad.

Today I picked up some Eagle Rare 10.

How to protect bunker assets...and more!

http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahic.html

These instructions only clear the cache within the browser. By using other tools to look at the cache folders or Index.dat file, you can easily view this "cleared cache" outside of the browser itself.

Not to mention undelete utilities.

These instructions only clear the cache within the browser. By using other tools to look at the cache folders or Index.dat file, you can easily view this "cleared cache" outside of the browser itself.

Not to mention undelete utilities.

Clearing the immediate browser cache was all that was being mentioned thus the reference.

At least until she scrolls thru the browser cache on your computer and brings up this post. DOH!

:slappin:

I should be fine.

WT81 with a 5.00 rebate and JB white with a free Devils Cut mini. For the record, I like the old style WT label much better!

Thomas

Picked up another PHC 2010 for the bunker and a PHC Golden Anniversary to try.

Picked up another PHC 2010 for the bunker and a PHC Golden Anniversary to try.

Hey, Jack. How bout bringing that Golden Anny tonight. :cool:

Spotted a Baker's on sale so bought my first bottle. Been enjoying an old bottle of Jim Beam (aged "100 months") that i received as a gift--enjoying it much more than the current JB--and wanted to try Baker's, as I understood it to be a more mature, more fully realized version of the JB product. I quite enjoyed the Baker's. Nice punch in the taste and proof. But even at $5 off, still kinda pricey.

Pappy 15 SB

Was that one Bernheim? I recall reading a long while ago that when they picked that it was a Bernheim barrel.

Was that one Bernheim? I recall reading a long while ago that when they picked that it was a Bernheim barrel.

I'd be surprised if it's Bernheim when Julian has stated that they're still using SW in their current production. I believe this bottle was selected in late 2007 and bottled in early 08 so I doubt they would have bottled Bernheim when there was plenty of SW inventory remaining...one never knows though. I have had a couple Bernheim bottles that are just as good if not better then a fair amount of the SW juice that I've had...not EVERYTHING SW produce was earth shattering IMO. I have a message into Ryan to confirm.

Spotted a Baker's on sale so bought my first bottle. Been enjoying an old bottle of Jim Beam (aged "100 months") that i received as a gift--enjoying it much more than the current JB--and wanted to try Baker's, as I understood it to be a more mature, more fully realized version of the JB product. I quite enjoyed the Baker's. Nice punch in the taste and proof. But even at $5 off, still kinda pricey.
Good stuff Charlie...I'm glad you're enjoying that Beam...it really is as good or better then anything they're producing today. :cool:

Well my case of one liter bottles of Old Fitzgerald was delivered today so my bunker is full for the immediate future.:cool:

Picked up a bottle of 2010 Old Forester Birthday. Can't wait to open it up later this weekend!

I have a friend who's going to Canada fishing. I loaned him my fishing vest and trolling motor. I did the same last year. He gives me a bottle in return. :grin: He brought me 750 of Gibson's Canadian 12 year old whiskey last year. This year, he gave me a bottle when he came over to pick the stuff up. It's a 375 of Big Buck Artisan Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. It's made at a craft distillery in Gaylord Michigan. Yeah I know. KSBW made in Michigan. :skep: When I open it, I might try and post some tasting note. Cheers! Joe

post-3455-14489817353343_thumb.jpg

post-3455-1448981735361_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489817353343_thumb.jpg

post-3455-1448981735361_thumb.jpg

The budget dictated that it needed to be inexspensive today, so it was OGD BiB and Ezra Brooks.:grin:

On my weekly reconnaissance of local stores I picked up a handle of Old Charter 10 for a price too good to pass up.

Stopped by the VA ABC store and grabbed a bottle each of EC18, Baker's, KCSB and some Ardbeg for a little variety.

I went into my neighborhood state controlled ABC store on the way home from work. I was shocked to see 3 bottles of WLW BTAC from 2008. Clerk said he had no idea where they came from. That said... I know where they went. :grin:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!