What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Spring 2011

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just got back from Wagoner SC (a very small town in SC) and got 4 bottles of Eagle Rare 101 for $22 a bottle and 2 handles of ND OGD Bonded for $32 a bottle. I put the price because I am never sure if these prices are reasonable. The also had several bottles of 95 WTKS pewter top for $42 each but as I already have several of those I decided to wait. Sort of a scary store though. The little lady said she had about a dozen old bottles of OGD 114 until last year and a man came in and bought them all. UGH!

Question: Is the new ER the same juice as the Old Prentice ER 101?

Just got back from Wagoner SC (a very small town in SC) and got 4 bottles of Eagle Rare 101 for $22 a bottle and 2 handles of ND OGD Bonded for $32 a bottle. I put the price because I am never sure if these prices are reasonable. The also had several bottles of 95 WTKS pewter top for $42 each but as I already have several of those I decided to wait. Sort of a scary store though. The little lady said she had about a dozen old bottles of OGD 114 until last year and a man came in and bought them all. UGH!

Question: Is the new ER the same juice as the Old Prentice ER 101?

Which location is your ER101 from? Lawrenceburg, NOLA, or Frankfort? The bottles that I found last week were all Lawrenceburg from the late 70's.

The current ER 10 is still distilled by Old Prentice, but it's from the Frankfort location.

I think $32 for a handle of ND OGB BIB is an excellent price. I'd pay that a 750.

Which location is your ER101 from? Lawrenceburg, NOLA, or Frankfort? The bottles that I found last week were all Lawrenceburg from the late 70's.

The current ER 10 is still distilled by Old Prentice, but it's from the Frankfort location.

All four say New Orleans. Could I ask where you got them?

Pappy 20 because I could not find any Pappy 15.

Regards.Mike :smiley_acbt:

Almost piked up a BOTM-VSOF, but then i walked down h the isle some more and spied some WLW sitting on the shelf. That had to come home instead. Was also tempted by the 10/107 they had, but left that.

Also picked up some trade items from another member, really looking forward to cracking one of those open soon. That was certainly the highlight of the day.

Can't say enough about the level of great folks we have on this forum.

B

Nothing today but I hope that after I get the oil changed in the truck tomorrow I can drive over to Lubbock, Texas and pick up several more liter bottles of Old Fitz BIB and have a good lunch.

4 PVWs

1 Vintage 21 Rye

1 Weller 12

1 Rittenhouse BIB

:grin::grin::grin:

Actually came up with 3 Vintage 21 Rye's, but gave two to a buddy of mine. What a tasty Rye!

4 PVWs

1 Vintage 21 Rye

1 Weller 12

1 Rittenhouse BIB

:grin::grin::grin:

Actually came up with 3 Vintage 21 Rye's, but gave two to a buddy of mine. What a tasty Rye!

That's my kind of haul! All of those are great.:cool: :cool:

That's my kind of haul! All of those are great.:cool: :cool:

left out the 15 in the PVWs... haha

left out the 15 in the PVWs... haha

Even better. Based on your posts, your state must be swimming in Pappy 15.

Even better. Based on your posts, your state must be swimming in Pappy 15.

Never made it to Lubbock, Texas as the store was out of Old Fitz BIB. So when I got home from getting the trucks oil changed I ordered a case of 1 liter bottles. It should be delivered this week and keep me in BIB for the foreseeable future.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed & Elmer T Lee Single Barrel cause the Hirsh is not lasting...

Picked up another Weller 12 and did some fuzzy math so the wife wouldn't see the 400 I spent on a ORVW decanter. :grin:

Picked up another Weller 12 and did some fuzzy math so the wife wouldn't see the 400 I spent on a ORVW decanter. :grin:

Good luck with that. Glad to hear you got the decanter before someone else did. I know you have been eyeing it for a while. You would kick yourself for years to come if someone else had gotten it before you. Congrats!

Good luck with that. Glad to hear you got the decanter before someone else did. I know you have been eyeing it for a while. You would kick yourself for years to come if someone else had gotten it before you. Congrats!

I know I would! Luckily I found another today. So, 2 still in my area.

I will need luck if the wife catches on. :slappin:

Ian,

I should have been more clear, but good luck with the fuzzy math and $400 on bourbon with the wife. Unless diamonds are in your pocket, those conversations don't go so well. Otherwise, she might be excited and like and enjoy the ORVW23 which might even be worse.

Just take a bullet and say you were "had" at a strip club during a long business lunch that you were coerced into attending.

Keep us posted and good luck.

btw, great grab. I would have done the same thing! Those things are drying up quickly are now pretty tough to come by.

BC

Picked up some WTRB today. This is one of my favorite non-dusty bottles with not too bad of a price tag.

Picked up a PVW15 for a fellow SB'er and a private bottling of Jefferson's and Jefferson's reserve. Good stuff.

Cash...it's all about the Benjamins! I assumed that NYC would have been picked clean with all the traffic this site gets, but I found a ORVW decanter set, PVW20, 2007 BTAC WLW and Weller 12 (on sale for $19.99) all in one store about 10 blocks from my brother's place. They are all coming home with me!:bigeyes:

Cash...it's all about the Benjamins! I assumed that NYC would have been picked clean with all the traffic this site gets, but I found a ORVW decanter set, PVW20, 2007 BTAC WLW and Weller 12 (on sale for $19.99) all in one store about 10 blocks from my brother's place. They are all coming home with me!:bigeyes:

Congrats on those finds.

Yes, I paid cash after requesting for a small check from one of my private accounts. She should never find out.:grin:

Yes, I paid cash after requesting for a small check from one of my private accounts. She should never find out.:grin:

At least until she scrolls thru the browser cache on your computer and brings up this post. DOH!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!