What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Spring 2011

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Welcome Spring...I have big bourbon plans for this next 3 months! I started by grabbing a bottle of WTRB from 1999. :)

Today??? Nothing.......No Sunday sales in MN. Or holidays. Or later than 8 on weekdays. That is one of the things I miss about IL, reasonable hours of purchasing. And Binny's. Thankfully my folks still reside there. Love the run home to see them and get some shopping done.

Many fond holiday memories with the family guys and gals making a run out. :grin:

Picked up a noah's mill and Elmer t. Lee. Passed on a bunch of great stuff but never had etl and I love me some noah's mill.

PHC first edition, 127.4 proof. Since I've only had the 2010, I'm looking forward to seeing if I get any of the wheated impression some others have had with this one.

Gary

PHC first edition, 127.4 proof. Since I've only had the 2010, I'm looking forward to seeing if I get any of the wheated impression some others have had with this one.

Gary

I don't know about the 127.4, but the 122.6 PHC first edition is wonderful.

Good find.

I don't know about the 127.4, but the 122.6 PHC first edition is wonderful.

I don't know about the wheated impression, but I do know the 127.4 is some outstanding stuff. I'm real happy that I have a couple in the bunker.

Following on an earlier thread I'll be stepping out in a few to get a bottle of Evan Williams BIB.

First full day of vacation. Purchased my bottle for the week, an ORVW 10/107. An added bonus was a bottle of Benchmark SB 94 proof. :grin: It was a great start to the week. Joe

Finally replaced an old faithful, WT101. Also decided I miss having some Rock Hill Farm around, so I grabbed one. :yum:

Four Roses Limited Edition SmB - for the bunker.

Noah's Mill - first time purchase.

I don't know about the wheated impression, but I do know the 127.4 is some outstanding stuff. I'm real happy that I have a couple in the bunker.

Grand Dad was followed by Knob Creek SB which has some very attractive notes on the nose that are completely overwhelmed by the alcohol.

Added a few to the bunker today because they were on sale...

PVW - 23

Parker's Heritage Wheated 124.2

Knob Creek SB

VWFRR

Four Roses Limited Edition SmB - for the bunker.

Noah's Mill - first time purchase.

Open and taste the FR SmB LE, as you will love it. I assume 2010? One of the few Bourbons that I add just a touch of water to. It really brings out the richness for me.

(Just want to note that reading Josh and Oscar's comments on FR made me explore that distillery, and it was well worth it!!!:cool: :cool:)

You will love the Noah's Mill. It's one of my fav's.

I was surprised by the "in your face" alcohol of Noah's Mill. To my taste, it is a very unique bourbon...not quite like anything I've tasted before. For its proof (just over 114), I was expecting something more like OGD 114, not in flavor profile but in the upfront alcohol. I did enjoy it, but I think it needs to open up (and calm down) slightly for me!

White Dog, I do have one FR SmB LE open and enjoy it very much...that led to this new addition to the bunker.

I ended up adding two PHC 10 YO Wheaters to the bunker today as well (I currently have one open and enjoy it very much also).

PHC 2010 (127.8) for the bunker.

Passed on the 27 and Golden Anniv. behind the glass. Maybe next time.

i found some sales the other day, so thats what i went with. i picked up the a handle of OG BiB, and a fifth of the Four Roses Yellow.

also found the Rogue whiskey. havent tasted it yet, and i dont hold out a lot of hope. just figured it would be a talking point with some friends who really like their beers.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!