Pappy fall allocation

StraightNoChaser
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I shudder to think these hijackers may be drinking Pappy and Dr. Pepper cocktails.

Dr. Pepper website says formula originated in Texas, but some Virginians like to claim he took the recipe from Virginia - especially when there's a Texan around willing to argue about it.

Dr. Pepper was created in Waco, TX back in the 1880s. I went to Baylor for four years (plus one victory lap year) and never went to the Dr. Pepper museum in downtown Waco. Everything at Baylor is Dr. Pepper...not a Coke to be found in any vending machine.

Dr. Pepper was created in Waco, TX back in the 1880s. I went to Baylor for four years (plus one victory lap year) and never went to the Dr. Pepper museum in downtown Waco. Everything at Baylor is Dr. Pepper...not a Coke to be found in any vending machine.

I lived in Ft. Worth for three years (in fact will be there next week) and learned to love Dr. Pepper. If you order a soda you will get Dr. Pepper there unless you specify coke, etc. I had a friend who worked there and he would get me seconds for $1 a case. He said Dr. P got it's name from a soda jerk who was trying to win the pharmacist's daughter's heart so he named a new drink after her father.

...I was told stories about how when they came back East they packed up a few cases of Dr. Pepper to bring with them because they liked it so much and you could not get it back here.

Depends on where in the east. Carolinas and Virginia have long history of Dr. Pepper consumption. Roanoke Virginia prides itself on the neon star over the city and it's old "10 2 4" Dr. Pepper sign. The sign is no longer the same original sign, but the replacement is still an icon. Southwest Virginia consumes a lot of Dr. Pepper. Google: Dr. Pepper Capital of the World

...He said Dr. P got it's name from a soda jerk who was trying to win the pharmacist's daughter's heart so he named a new drink after her father.

Yep, that's one story that's been around a LONG time, and may or may not be true. Some people try to disprove it, but accurate information may be hard to find. The "soda jerk" was supposedly Charles Alderton and the pharmacy was in Rural Retreat, Virginia. It was still open until it burned down just a few years ago. I took some pictures of the pharmacy/general store years ago, I'll try to find them and post.

When is the fall allocation of Dr. Pepper going to be released?

I just want to know whether it's sourced from Morrison's Old Corner Drug Store - or was it made elsewhere?

I just want to know whether it's sourced from Morrison's Old Corner Drug Store - or was it made elsewhere?

I would hope they would change the label if it's no longer coming from Morrison's.

When is the fall allocation of Dr. Pepper going to be released?

Hahaha. That's what I was thinking. I swear I clicked on a Pappy Fall Allocation thread but somehow I got kicked into a Dr. Pepper one. ;)

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear that the current bottler won some pioneer award. :rolleyes:

I hear that the current bottler won some pioneer award. :rolleyes:

:lol: this thread is funny now

Just posted on Facebook. Here we go again!

Talked to Julian and Preston at Whiskyfest in San Francisco last Friday. Preston said the Louisville release would be in about 2 weeks but Julian grinned and said it would probably be more like 3. I told them to load me up with Lot B. I'm running short.

Talked to Julian and Preston at Whiskyfest in San Francisco last Friday. Preston said the Louisville release would be in about 2 weeks but Julian grinned and said it would probably be more like 3. I told them to load me up with Lot B. I'm running short.

They said that 3 weeks ago. Seem to be a little behind right now.

I'm thinking that I'm going to get a couple bottles of Pappy 15 if they're dated March of 2009...if not, I'll grab one and open it to see how the BT juice tastes. ;)

I'm thinking that I'm going to get a couple bottles of Pappy 15 if they're dated March of 2009...if not, I'll grab one and open it to see how the BT juice tastes. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen PVW 20 and 23 on the shelf at the liquor stores I frequent, but only Saz 18 from the BTAC.

I've seen PVW 20 and 23 on the shelf at the liquor stores I frequent, but only Saz 18 from the BTAC.

Not too surprising as the price point on those two in particular put it out of reasonable reach for most.

While I am sure many people out there spend at that level in a month or two for drinks in general, when it comes down to pulling the trigger for that amount on one bottle, it does give one pause........for a moment.

We all have our "limits".

B

where they the new fall release or old stock? haven't seen anything in md yet.

They are the old.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.