Pappy fall allocation

StraightNoChaser
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Would you pay a $100 for a bottle of VWRR?

That really depends on a lot of variables. I have some in the bunker and I've had it before so there isn't a ton driving me to get more. In your case, it doesn't sound like you've had it or have any in the bunker so whether or not it's worth $100 to you is the $100 question I guess.

There are certain bottles that people will pay a premium for as they are desired by them while the same bottle to me is something that I pass on...so I guess I'm trying to say it's hard for me to tell you what a bottle should or shouldn't be worth to you! ;)

That really depends on a lot of variables. I have some in the bunker and I've had it before so there isn't a ton driving me to get more. In your case, it doesn't sound like you've had it or have any in the bunker so whether or not it's worth $100 to you is the $100 question I guess.

There are certain bottles that people will pay a premium for as they are desired by them while the same bottle to me is something that I pass on...so I guess I'm trying to say it's hard for me to tell you what a bottle should or shouldn't be worth to you! ;)

I have currently a B from the Frankfort bottling, the only one I have had and seen. The one's in question at bottling A from Frankfort also.

It's getting closer to Chicago.... :cool:

Colorado, Southern Illinois (Areas east of St. Louis), Indiana, Nebraska and Nevada orders have shipped.

In 2003 the Van Winkle Reserve 13 year Rye was marked down to a sale price of $20.99 from its regular price of $23.99 for Preferred customers at Sam's Wines in Chicago (now out of business) as stated in the mailer I found stashed in one of my desk drawers tonight. Too bad for me that was about 4 years before I got the whiskey bug. You can see the Van Winkle inflation since then by this mailer as it had the regular price on WT Kentucky Spirit as $39.99 and on sale at $35.99. I can still find WTKS in that range.

I drove around No. Ky yesterday trying to secure a bottle of 15 year, but was thoroughly unsuccessful - the few places that had bottles said they were allocating them to 'special customers'. After hitting up a dozen or so stores I gave up. I was able to secure a bottle of Rye, but am still on the lookout for 15 year.

If anyone knows a likely spot and is willing to share, please send me a pm. Thanks!

Roger

I drove around No. Ky yesterday trying to secure a bottle of 15 year, but was thoroughly unsuccessful - the few places that had bottles said they were allocating them to 'special customers'. After hitting up a dozen or so stores I gave up. I was able to secure a bottle of Rye, but am still on the lookout for 15 year.

If anyone knows a likely spot and is willing to share, please send me a pm. Thanks!

Roger

Party Source, Friday 8 am, one bottle per customer.

In 2003 the Van Winkle Reserve 13 year Rye was marked down to a sale price of $20.99 from its regular price of $23.99 for Preferred customers at Sam's Wines in Chicago (now out of business) as stated in the mailer I found stashed in one of my desk drawers tonight. Too bad for me that was about 4 years before I got the whiskey bug. You can see the Van Winkle inflation since then by this mailer as it had the regular price on WT Kentucky Spirit as $39.99 and on sale at $35.99. I can still find WTKS in that range.

I've got that beat:

Feeling inspired by all the wonderfull bottles I keep seeing you guys find, while out on a bike ride today, I stopped in one of the few local liquor store( this being in my other home in Louisiana, where most people buy their liquor at the grocery).

Anyway found 2 Old Charter Bonds, while newer bottles, 1 says distilled in Louisville and the other Frankfort, though both back labels are the same (distilled at DSP-2 Bottled at DSP-KY-113). I've never seen this at my home in Louisville.

Also found a not-so-dusty Old Rip 15 107-for $18.99!!, the same price as the 10 107 and the 10 90 Old Rips!!

:woohoo:

Unfortunate budget constraints forced me to leave a WTRR 101 as well as a Hirsch 16. :cry:

I have struck out on the PVW products for 2 years in a row. :hot: No shipping and allocation in NH is killing me. Everytime I look at that empty hole where the PVW 15 used to sit I just don't feel right. :-)

Luckily, I was able to get 5 bottles each of GTS and WLW '11. If anyone has any extra Pappy and wants to trade a couple bottles of any VW stuff or other goodies I can't get here. Send a PM, and we can probably work out a mutually agreeable trade. I would be willing to let go 2 bottles of each.

All over Northern KY... traded two JBWs for one today. Got screwed... the market is flooded.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Party Source, Friday 8 am, one bottle per customer.

One bottle total btw, not one bottle of each age.

From nine hours ago on Facebook:

Central Florida, Minnesota, New York, and Rhode Island orders have shipped.

I went to Party Source today. Seventh in line so I was hoping I could manage a decanter set, but they only had two. I did get a 15 year though so I'm pretty happy. (If anyone has a lead on a decanter set that is available, please pm me.)

Went to Party Source also, but was much further back in the line. By the time I got to the desk, the 20 and 15 were gone, and I did not feel like springing for the 23. I had a choice between lot b and the rye, and I went with the rye.

I went to Party Source today. Seventh in line so I was hoping I could manage a decanter set, but they only had two. I did get a 15 year though so I'm pretty happy. (If anyone has a lead on a decanter set that is available, please pm me.)

Correct me if I am wrong, but why would anyone expect they would have a decanter set from this year's allocation. Were they not all released at once when they came out as a special allocation? Jay got my set directly from Julian over the summer and said it was one of Julian's last one's. I just don't understand why anyone was hoping to get one this morning and more surprised to see that there was 2. Just weird to me and maybe someone can shed more light.

Party Source sent an email last night listing all of the bottles that would be available today. On that list was the decanter set so I decided I would pick one up. I got a 15 year, which I love, but since I haven't tried the 23 yet, I was excited to pull the trigger for a decanter set (which I thought I wouldn't have a shot at getting since they've not been available for awhile).

Congratulations on the decanter set. I was able to get one a couple of weeks ago but am saving it for several years. It is supposed to be very good and it is different then the regular 23.

Best regards, tony

This is a general question, since I am still new to all of this, but since the title of this thread is "Pappy fall allocation," does that mean that there is more than one release of this per year?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.