Pappy fall allocation

StraightNoChaser
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I received a press release a few days ago that says "toward the end of November." I'm saying, "after Thanksgiving."

Latest from Facebook, as of 15 minutes ago:

Arkansas, Kentucky and Pennsylvania orders have shipped.

Today's update.............

Missouri, South Florida and New Mexico orders have shipped. It usually takes a week or two from the time it ships til it hits shelves.

Just spoke to an Indy-area manager who said they're expecting shipments to drop next week.

And what's the verdict on the juice? Still SW as far as we know? Any new info from Julian?

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And what's the verdict on the juice? Still SW as far as we know? Any new info from Julian?

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's like elementary school mystery meat. You just don't know what you're going to get.

For the life of me can someone help out with a couple bottles of the 13yr Rye?

All my dealers in Georgia and Tennessee say they have never received an allocation of the bottle but they always get their cases of the 10, 12, 15, 20 and 23's. Frustrating as hell. Had my first thanks to a fellow SB member's help was hoping for a little more as I am looking for just 2!

For the life of me can someone help out with a couple bottles of the 13yr Rye?

was hoping for a little more as I am looking for just 2!

That's a pretty tall request. Are you offering anything in trade for them?

Just out of pure niceness! :-)

I honestly don't have any rare or old stitzell type bourbon's in my collection. Just the basics and some of the newer BTAC one's. Wish I had that leverage but I have only been drinking bourbon for a little while, only 30yrs old here...and it sucks living in AL for dusty hunting.

Did you drink all those PVW 15's you got in the spring? I would think that would be a fair trade. The 15 might cost a few $ more but isn't nearly as tough to find as is the rye.

Got married in just recently, funny you mention that as I had 11 in my wedding, gave 10 of the bottles of 15yr to them one was my dad which I am trying to find another decanter for him.

I have a couple bottles left of the 15 in the bunker. I agree its a decent trade but with those with SW juice almost near gone the 13yr Rye will always be around. I have some coming in for this allocation so might be possible but was hoping again for niceness like the previous member helping a guy out.

Anyone can PM me and we will talk it over on there. Pretty reasonable on my end.

Got married in just recently, funny you mention that as I had 11 in my wedding, gave 10 of the bottles of 15yr to them one was my dad which I am trying to find another decanter for him.

I have a couple bottles left of the 15 in the bunker. I agree its a decent trade but with those with SW juice almost near gone the 13yr Rye will always be around. I have some coming in for this allocation so might be possible but was hoping again for niceness like the previous member helping a guy out.

Anyone can PM me and we will talk it over on there. Pretty reasonable on my end.

The bottles of 13yr VW Rye in it's current form won't always "be around". The whiskey that is in those bottles is 19yr whiskey that was tanked some time ago much like the Saz 18yr. Just some food for thought when your trying to get someone to get you one! ;)

The bottles of 13yr VW Rye in it's current form won't always "be around". The whiskey that is in those bottles is 19yr whiskey that was tanked some time ago much like the Saz 18yr. Just some food for thought when your trying to get someone to get you one! ;)

Isn't the annual release of the rye 2500 bottles? This has to cover the US, EU, and Japanese markets.

Is that all it is per year? Man that is not much!:shocked:

Knew it has been tanked, and much older than the stated age, but didn't know it was that rare.

B

Still scarce by any means.....Hard to imagine that we only have a 5 year wait until the new version comes out, if the new version will also be a 13yr product.

Any takers for prompting Julian to do something around a 10 years??

B

Would you pay a $100 for a bottle of VWRR?

If I was sure it was one of the first set that was supposedly all Medley, maybe. Otherwise, no.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.