What Beer Are You Drinking? - Fall 2011

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Liefmans Goudenband is one of my favorite beers. I think you're right on about it being the right amount of sweet and tart, too. One of the local stores recently ran a special on them for 7 or 8 bucks a bottle, and I walked out with as many as I could carry. For my money you can't beat a good sour ale.

I'm continuing my full sleighride of Christmas brews. Tonight, it's Sweetwater's Festive Ale. Always, one of my favorites of the Season.

Rogue Santa's Private Reserve. Dead Guy Ale is probably my favorite beer on the planet. But this Santa's Private Reserve is good, too!

Totally digging on a 2009 Goose Island Christmas Ale. Seriously, one of the most interesting beers I've ever tasted. Huge, thick, massively flavorful. Lots of black licorice. Shtuff floatin' around. Cold, or at room temp, it is an experience. Just, marvelous beer.

Totally digging on a 2009 Goose Island Christmas Ale. Seriously, one of the most interesting beers I've ever tasted. Huge, thick, massively flavorful. Lots of black licorice. Shtuff floatin' around. Cold, or at room temp, it is an experience. Just, marvelous beer.

Gee Joe, Now you got me all baffled and jealous, with plenty of these here in the motherland, why I never bought let alone bunkered any of these. I'll have to go find me an '11, maybe while on the way to the post office, where I keep checking for that surely lost piece of mail containing my acceptance letter into the GBS.

Gee Joe, Now you got me all baffled and jealous, with plenty of these here in the motherland, why I never bought let alone bunkered any of these. I'll have to go find me an '11, maybe while on the way to the post office, where I keep checking for that surely lost piece of mail containing my acceptance letter into the GBS.

I'm continuing my full sleighride of Christmas brews. Tonight, it's Sweetwater's Festive Ale. Always, one of my favorites of the Season.

This has been my go-to beer when I'm out and about in Atlanta this holiday season...I find it to be a great seasonal release as well.

Unfortunately, there has been a delay in finalizing your Membership. I'm afraid your initiation fee check bounced, and something about your personal references came into question. I'm sure it's a mix-up at the bank, or some sort of misunderstanding, but we have to make sure we do our due diligence, in order to maintain our high standards of Membership. I was fine with proceeding with finalization of your Membership, but GBS Legal advised against. Thank you for your patience.

Isn't Jimmy in charge of the finances? That could explain it........

I've got the coupon code fore a free Samuel Adams Utopias glass (Riedel). I've compared my other Riedel vs the Glencairn and find I like the Glencairn much better.

So, does anyone want the coupon code? UPS ground for it runs about $9.00, and they only ship via UPS. If you do, PM me and I'll send the coupon code to the first person.

IMPORTANT NOTE: On the website, they have shipping restrictions on this offer:

"Due to legal regulations, the coupon offer cannot be redeemed to ship to the following states: Alabama, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, Vermont, and Virginia. Orders shipping to any of these states will be cancelled."

I have the Utopias Reidel glass and like it better than the Glencairns. It has a heavier base which is appreciated and I really like the thin walls near the top of the glass. It is very well worth the $9 shipping/handling charge.

On a more related note, I just enjoyed some de Dolle Stille Nacht 2003. A local brewpub bought a keg of it 8 years ago and decided to tap it last night. A very nice treat for all who got to enjoy it. I probably won't see too many of those again anytime soon.

Cleaned out my garage today and found a couple bottles of Goose Island Honkers Ale from last year, still good!

Vixen brought me a Bell's Christmas Ale, and Santa is starting off his weekend with it now. This brewery just doesn't miss. Even my daughter's sheltie is licking the empty bottle trying to get out the last drops. Another winner from Bell's.

Discovered Costco has Samuel Adams Infinium ale, so I grabbed a bottle. Will be tasting it this weekend.

Discovered Costco has Samuel Adams Infinium ale, so I grabbed a bottle. Will be tasting it this weekend.

Just opened this. It's a little over 10% ABV, and comes in a champagne-style bottle.

On the pour, it has a big, fluffy head. Recommend letting the head go down a bit before nosing it. :grin:

Very fruity, sort of cidery. Light mouth feel, but the palate quickly shifts to a suggestion of malt and hops, which intensifies after a few seconds, leaving a very nice aftertaste.

I wouldn't buy this all the time, but at USD $15 (at Costco - your price may vary), it's a nice champagne alternative for those who, like Tom T. Hall, like beer.

I'm enjoying some seasonal brew tonight....Port Brewing Santa's Little Helper Imperial Stout. I'm not usually a big dark beer guy, but this has me captivated. Really killer stuff.

I'm enjoying some seasonal brew tonight....Port Brewing Santa's Little Helper Imperial Stout. I'm not usually a big dark beer guy, but this has me captivated. Really killer stuff.

I've become really fond of the dark brews to the point of not really caring for the pale ones any longer. Still, I've found I really don't like the Imperials much - too much of a licorice taste to my liking.

I've fallen in love with brews from Guinness, Stone and Rahr.

I'm still a hop head, first and foremost.

Amen, brother! We have a lot of good stuff on the shelves in the DFW area!

While picking up some bourbon yesterday, my daughter spied all of the Ridgeway Brewery X-Mas Beers. Of course, had to pick them all up. Bad Elf, Criminally Bad Elf, Insanely Bad Elf, etc. Drinking the Pickled Santa Christmas Ale now. Not great, but OK. And, my daughter gets a kick out of the labels. So, I'm happy.

I moved to Cali from Plano...Now I'm 30 mins from Russian River Brewing Co, one of the holy grails of IPA.

Their IPAs are good, very good even, but their Belgian sours are incredible.

I'm opening a FFF Black Sun Stout right after work.

The Rahr brewing company has really surprised me. Their Octoberfest was great, and a few other offerings have all been very good. I think their bock was great too.

I'd not hesitate to pick up another 6'er.

I've been enjoying a Dogfish Head Raison d Etre every now and then too.

Enjoying a brew from Great Divide Brewing,

Their YETI Imperial Stout, pours a deep rich black, with a dark brown coffee like thin laced head. Nose of dairy and molasses, tastes of rich malt and carmel. Finish is long and lingering, just a great beer, picked it up on a whim as I am on an unexpected dark beer kick, really glad I did.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.