What Bourbon Are You Enjoying, Winter 2011/2012

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm so happy that I can actually taste again and I've followed the previous pours with a different OWA 8/107 SB and I'm following that up with a Lville OWA from 1995...I have to say that I actually might prefer our SB picks of OWA to the Lville...:skep:

Finally able to drink bourbon again after having a crazy head cold for a week...I had some small pours of EH Taylor Tornado, Weller Cent Lville, and now some OWA 8/107 SB. I was getting a little worries as everything I tried for the last week tasted bitter and hot...today all is right with the world again as all three of these are hitting the spot tonight! :cool:

Same here. Seven days on cold medicine is enough. I should have stuck with bourbon and skipped the medicine. Enjoying just a tad of OGD BIB.

Glad to hear you are well again. For the reasons you mentioned, my father always said rhat when hlu jave a cold, the best thing to drink ia "Rye" (Being old school, my father referred to any Canadian whiskey as "Rye") and I have continued his tradition of always having a small bottle of either Seagrams V. O., Canadian Club or Crown Royal around for just such occasions. Normally these are just too bland for most members of SB to enjoy, but they are excellent medicine that goes down easy when you have a cold.

My parents always had a 200mL of Canadian around that they used as cough syrup when we were kids! Hated it back then, but may have to give it another try now :grin:

Last night, I had pours of WRDO, VOB BIB, and EHT Tornado. The EHT is amazing stuff. Every sip reveals something new. Dammit, now I may have to spring for another bottle while it's around! :rolleyes:

I'm so happy that I can actually taste again and I've followed the previous pours with a different OWA 8/107 SB and I'm following that up with a Lville OWA from 1995...I have to say that I actually might prefer our SB picks of OWA to the Lville...:skep:

I told you the other day that I thought the OWA 8/107 had a better mouthfeel than the Frankfort Centennial. Both are terrific though!

Went back to the current Kentucky Vintage. Pretty tasty! Helps with the allergies too! Kind of ironic the oaks are the ones that get to me!:lol: Anyone else??:slappin:

Sitting out in the garage on a beautiful and warm evening. No Braves on the radio, though. But, only a couple more weeks!! Anywho, pulled the Heaven Hill BIB 6 yr out of the Beer Fridge and sippin' on it now, with visions of Summer and Braves on the radio in my head.

Hidden

Ritt BiB -- $27.99. Was more surprised/impressed the place had it, knew the price would be high (Dean & Deluca).

Just wanted something simple that was OK to drop in a couple of cubes and drink cold. For now that is the JBB 7 year/90 proof.

A little twist on the Sazerac tonight.

5 dashes Pechayaud's Bitters

a swirl of Absinthe

Whiskey (Old Overholt or HH distilled JW Dant)

1/3 can of Ginger Ale

Ice

Hit the spot on this humid warm evening. Especially after finishing the Ginger Ale can.....

yall have a good one!

A little twist on the Sazerac tonight.

5 dashes Pechayaud's Bitters

a swirl of Absinthe

Whiskey (Old Overholt or HH distilled JW Dant)

1/3 can of Ginger Ale

Ice

Hit the spot on this humid warm evening. Especially after finishing the Ginger Ale can.....

yall have a good one!

They sell little bottles around here, cheap stuff, but works fine in a Sazerac.

Just opened a bottle of Old Fitzgerald Bottled in Bond... at $15 for a Liter, I think it is fantastic!

My "Jim Forester" blend, followed by HH Gold BIB. Wrapped up the evening with Willett 3yr rye.

My "Jim Forester" blend, followed by HH Gold BIB. Wrapped up the evening with Willett 3yr rye.

Opened both 1792 Ridgemont and WR2O tonight. Really enjoyed the 1792.

Just opened a bottle of Old Fitzgerald Bottled in Bond... at $15 for a Liter, I think it is fantastic!

Vintage 17 tonight while watching the Bucks. Opened since Dec, it's really hitting its stride now.

After a long day at work.I decided I was gone to have a top shelf pour.So I opened a bottle of JPS 18.I was glad I did.This stuff was great.It is some what similar to Pappy 20 .It seems to have a little more weight in the midpalate.But It is missing the great toffee and carmel quality of the pappy.But it makes up for it with it rich flavors and great balance.

Regards,Mike

Evan Williams White Label BIB.....one of lifes great values. IMO it blows the doors off the SB at half the price....

I finished off a bottle of first-run Baker's bottled in 1992. Man did that bottle drink well. There was only the slightest hint of sour astringency at the outset, but the weeks it had to air out completely vanquished any unpleasantness. It was by far the best Beam product I've ever had. I'll have to try a neat pour at a bar one of these days, but my impression is that the current bottles don't hold a candle. Perfect age, perfect proof, I'd love to find more!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.