What Bourbon Are You Enjoying, Winter 2011/2012

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Enjoyed a Knob Creek on the rocks in Anderson, SC at dinner. I asked for it neat, but wasn't bad a little colder. I also tried VA Gentlemen for the first time on this trip.

Back with OFBB '11 tonight. really wished I would have picked up the '08 version to get a better look at how they compare. So far I still really like both of them!:grin:

TPS Willett 13 (3665) thanks to the generosity of another member.

Big vanilla, brown sugar and fruit notes upfront that quickly turn into a huge tannic oak bomb with clove-heavy rye spice. Excellent balance when neat (56.1%), and more sweetness emerges with water. Top notch.

Not exactly bourbon, but I'm enjoying a nice Manhattan made with baby Saz. Too bad the regular ol' Sazerac has gotten nearly impossible to find around these parts. And I'm like 30 miles away from where it's made!

Absolutely nothing! My bunker has never been this huge and I picked march to be the month that I "take off" in 2012. I don't drink for at least 1 month a year and try to get it out of the way early. Trying to figure why I went for a 31 day month with 5 Saturday nights in it. :shithappens:

I've had a fantastic couple days as a Louisville tourist:

Convinced the Heaven Hill tour guide to pour samples of PHC Cognac (in edition to the standard tour samples of EC 18 and EWSB) and had WLW 2010, VWFRR, Vintage 17, and a private bottling of (seemingly quite old) barrel strength KBD rye, all at very fair prices (some downright cheap: VWFFR for $6!!!), at local bars.

Jon is celebrating his 50th birthday this Friday and we are celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary on Saturday. Tonight we opened our ORVW 23 year old decanter :grin: Yummy!

Sazerac 18 (2011) and two wonderfully distinctive OWA single barrel picks thanks to the generosity of another member.

Jon is celebrating his 50th birthday this Friday and we are celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary on Saturday. Tonight we opened our ORVW 23 year old decanter :grin: Yummy!

Congratulations on all three of those! I'm getting married in May, maybe I should convince Karen that we need to find a decanter.

Oh man, just finished watching a great episode of "Justified" and enjoying a nice pour of Bookers at the same time. I have to say that I really enjoy Bookers!!

Watching National Lampoon's Vacation on TV with a pour of Bulleit Rye. Both make me smile. :)

Kicking back, listening to Jobim, and enjoying my first ever dram of Weller Centennial Louisville.

Started the evening with some Maker's 46.

Ended it with some OWA.

With some nice weather, a good cigar and some good bourbon, this has really wound me up with Spring Fever.

Saluting a humdinger of a day with a pour of Lawrenceburg ORVW 10yr 90.

Saluting a humdinger of a day with a pour of Lawrenceburg ORVW 10yr 90.

I will be right behind you on that one too! What a day! :drinking:

saw Tributasaurus last night, a local Chicago band that picks a different group/artist (from around the 70s/80s) every month and performs their music. Last night was Yes. Very enjoyable and nostalgic. I saw Yes "in the round" in the late 70s.

Show was at Martyr's. Started with a Rogue Dead Guy Ale, then a Bulleit (bourbon) and finished with a Lagavulin 16. Took today off. Tomorrow, too.

Eagle Rare tonight. It has benn awhile since I last had this one. The sweet honey flavors are really coming through tonight. Has me thaiking about getting on of the big 1.75 bottles of this. Have seen for 45 bucks around here, but seems like a pretty good deal and not too hard to find. Sometimes not having to track down is good to, despite the love of the chase for that rare find.

Enjoyed some TPS Jefferson's 18 earlier tonight, now enjoying WRMC Maple Cask whilst switching between college basketball and ARCHER!!!

Enjoying incredibly good weather here in Atlanta. Had a FR SmB on the rocks while grilling burgers. It is a great on the rocks bourbon and I crave it when it gets warm. After dinner, had a Col. EH Taylor sour mash. Finishing up with a ER 17 while watching Tony bourdain and wishing I could pick up and head to Madrid instead of working this weekend.

Just some regular BT this evening. Finally home from GA/SC.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.