What Bourbon Are You Enjoying, Winter 2011/2012

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My first drink of the new season was a VWSR Lot B yesterday morning.

Now I'm enjoying a WT12 GCL celebrating a Lions victory. The first time this millennium they qualified for the playoffs.

Somehow it's been Evan Williams taking the lone spot on the mantle while on vacation. I had a few black label minis left over from a previous trip (@ $1.50 they were the best buy in Boston back in November), and in the few short minutes I had to myself to hunt for a bottle here in Boca Raton, the 2000 1B offered itself to me twice. I left it to leave my one and only bottle slot open for another find (I'm so not used to having only one bottle to keep me company at a time, and alas, I've no one to share with) but struck out three times with liquor store GPS before heading back to the EWSB '00 for $26.99. I found 4RSB today for $12 more that I would have preferred, but I'm not complaining too much.

I will say, though, that this standard bottling barely holds a candle to Binny's barrels of the same juice.

A healthy pour of some Pappy 15 while trying to decide if I am happy or not about the 70 degree day we're having in Central Florida tomorrow...

A healthy pour of some Pappy 15 while trying to decide if I am happy or not about the 70 degree day we're having in Central Florida tomorrow...

Well it's been snowing in my part of New Mexico since Friday afternoon. I have about 9 inches of snow in my front yard and it's expected to snow until Sunday night. Right now the temp is 33 degrees. The high today was 35.

I am having a three finger pour of Four Roses 2011 Limited Edition while surfing the site.

Opened a brand newly acquired VWFRR followed by a Pvt 4R OESO....if I make it that far, planning on ending the evening/morning with 2011 Stagg.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!!

Been working a Handy 11 for the last couple of days while back visiting the parents. Been holding well and he spice on i is fitting in perfectly with the season.

Greg, I'd be happy to take some of your snow. We've had nothingyet to speak of in MN or IL and it just doesn't feel right without it.

Merry Christmas everybody!!

B

It was all wheaters last night. Went MM, OWA (old label), PHC 2010, and WLW 2009.

Wow been a while since I tapped into the PHC and its like trying it for the first time again. It is just amazing.

Also, the WLW is my first and I just cracked it open for the first time last night. Wow its great too. I really spoiled myself last night.

After Santa delivered all the gifts, ate the fruitcake, and smoked the pipe we laid out for him he had a few shots of SW juice:

VSOF from the BHC collection,

OF 1849, bottled 37 or so years ago.

The first was really good, sweet, classic SW profile. The 1849 was a bit more like Weller Centennial with the glue/solvent profile and a little more barrel and bitter.

I think Santa had a good time!

Had a small Christmas morning pour of Woodford, my sons bought me a liter for Christmas. Now I'm onto my OWA/Weller 12 vatting. This combination is better with each and every pour.

Merry Christmas SBers.

Opened a brand newly acquired VWFRR followed by a Pvt 4R OESO....if I make it that far, planning on ending the evening/morning with 2011 Stagg.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!!

Inquiring minds want to know how you like the FR OESO bottling? ;)

I cracked open a bottle of 2008 Handy this morning...gonna do some Rye's today as they're very holidayish to me! :cool:

Had small pour of Weller 12 to start day and a pour of White oak Kentucky Shine (some good old fashioned Christmas whiskey). Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 15 ml pour of PVW 20 during the Christmas morning family gift festivities. Its light and subtle nature (or maybe muted and watery :grin: ) make it the perfect special morning sipper. Now back to coffee with lots of cooking prep to go.

Inquiring minds want to know how you like the FR OESO bottling? ;)

I cracked open a bottle of 2008 Handy this morning...gonna do some Rye's today as they're very holidayish to me! :cool:

The OESO was a Binny's bottle that a fellow member was kind enough to acquire for me bout this time last year. It was very, very yummy and I forgot to mention that it became a ghost of Christmas past in the wee hours this morning....but, I made it last as long as I could. After the wonderful VW rye, it was nice break from the rye 'bite'. It kinda reminded me a bit of a vanilla & cinnamon swirl pound cake. I am more fond of the 4R 'OB' recipes that are heartier on the rye side but the Binny's bottle was definitely a special treat and one I shall miss.

I agree 100% - the ryes are also very holidayish to me as well...great winter whiskey!

It was all wheaters last night. Went MM, OWA (old label), PHC 2010, and WLW 2009.

Wow been a while since I tapped into the PHC and its like trying it for the first time again. It is just amazing.

Also, the WLW is my first and I just cracked it open for the first time last night. Wow its great too. I really spoiled myself last night.

Good to see you on here, Andy! It's been a while.

I had a pour of the SV FRSB Jim Rutledge pick with my dad this afternoon.

Good to see you on here, Andy! It's been a while.

I had a pour of the SV FRSB Jim Rutledge pick with my dad this afternoon.

Ha...me too.

I had pours of High West Rendevous, PHC 2010 @107, VW Lot B, 1789b FR OESO, and SV Rutledge FR OBSV, gonna finish the night with some 1789b Willett 8yr. Merry Christmas everyone! :cool:

Been bouncing all over the board today....like the food, trying to enjoy a bourbon buffet: VWFRR, WLW 06, Stagg 11, Handy 08...and, I may get a little careless (lol) and crack open the PHC Wheat, Pappy and OFBB 2010...hope I wake up tomorrow.

Hope all had a wonderful and safe Christmas Day!!!

Continued with some small pours of OGD BIB 1985 and EW BIB Rebarrel Project...think I'm gonna finish the night with some BHOGD 97! ;)

Been bouncing all over the board today....like the food, trying to enjoy a bourbon buffet: VWFRR, WLW 06, Stagg 11, Handy 08...and, I may get a little careless (lol) and crack open the PHC Wheat, Pappy and OFBB 2010...hope I wake up tomorrow.

Hope all had a wonderful and safe Christmas Day!!!

Doing the same bouncing...a little sip of PVW 20 this morning. Pre Christmas dinner drink of '85 bottled Old Ezra with ginger ale and Ango bitters. Post dinner so far has been WLW '11, FR OESO private bottling, EC 18, Willetts 8 year private bottling, WT Rye and Bowman's Rye barrel proof from Party Source.

...Bowman's Rye barrel proof from Party Source.

That is the missing piece for me today...wife had me out yesterday doing last of shopping and here I was expecting FedEx anytime to get my Bowman's here for Christmas Eve & Day. I get back home @ 12:25 & find a FedEx notice on front door with a time of 12:14 :hot:

The wife tells me she could not get off the pot to answer the door...:shithappens:....all I could do was shake my head and immediately proceed to fix up my flask double-strong for travel to her family's Christmas get together.

Oh well, it will be here tomorrow as long as I don't get sent on an errand simultaneously with her morning crap...will have it for New Year's

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.