What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

While I don't reach for it anywhere near as often as I used to, Maker's Mark will always have a spot in my lineup. And befor the price goes up, I figured I should grab some more.

Picked up a Pappy 23 yesterday...I have passed on them for the past 3 years but I wanted to have at least one in the bunker for the future! :cool:

Was in Louisville today, stopped by a Liquor Barn and picked up (after much consideration) a bottle of Hancock's President's Reserve @ $27 (Liquor Barn special label). No idea if it is any good but the price seemed right.

I have a bottle of the same. Its not bad, especially for the price, but I would never pay the normal retail on it--around $50 from what I hear. I found it a little uninteresting.

ETL and RHF are much better examples of the same BT mashbill in my opinion.

Picked up a Pappy 23 yesterday...I have passed on them for the past 3 years but I wanted to have at least one in the bunker for the future! :cool:

Nice, finally caved in huh?

Got some Weller 12, 4RSmB, RR 10, and M46. Some of these will be for a blind tasting next week.

Surprise birthday party, leads to an immediate, well stocked bunker.

3 x George T Stagg 2011

BT Single Oak, Barrel # 3

Sazerac Rye (original)

BTAC Thomas H Handy Sazerac

Jameson 12

Courvoisier VS

Hennessy

Julian P Van Winkle III hand-signed Van Winkle history book.

Didn't purchase it per se, but arrived home yesterday to find a package on my desk. Upon opening it I found I was the owner of a bottle of Abraham Bowman 18 year-old. True to his word, c2walker 'paid it forward' by sending this to me in advance of something from my bunker.

Gotta love the folks on this site! :grin:

My first bottles of George T. Stagg and Wild Turkey Rare Breed, plus a bottle of Pappy 20... Which considering what I read others are paying felt quite cheap at $84.

Thomas Handy. Pretty stoked to run across it at my local GS. $56 didn't seem bad either.

Also got word Pappy is coming in 1st week of April!

My first bottles of George T. Stagg and Wild Turkey Rare Breed, plus a bottle of Pappy 20... Which considering what I read others are paying felt quite cheap at $84.

stopped in at Liquor Barn that just opened about 3 minutes from my house. They had Pappy 20, but sold out. Just had one bottle of 23 left. A little upset I didn't check earlier in the week.

Got the new WR Double Oak and Cherry Heering. Gonna try to duplicate the Gibsons drink I had at lunch on Tuesday (just the D. oak instead of regular for fun). Just have to guess the proportions and add some orange bitters that I have.

IMAG0524.jpg

6a156575.jpg

Back to Gibsons Thursday nite after binnys world of whiskys :cool:

Didn't purchase it per se, but arrived home yesterday to find a package on my desk. Upon opening it I found I was the owner of a bottle of Abraham Bowman 18 year-old. True to his word, c2walker 'paid it forward' by sending this to me in advance of something from my bunker.

Gotta love the folks on this site! :grin:

"ATTA BOY LUTHER!" :rolleyes: I mean Walker.

Did some dusty hunting, got a few bday presents. Not a bad haul. :D

Gifts from the girlfriend:

Wild Turkey Tradition

Four Roses blended whiskey decanter

Willett Pot Still Reserve

Dusty finds:

3x IW Harper 200ml tax stamp

Sunny Brook 375ml 1986

Bourbon Deluxe liter strip stamp

Old Taylor 6/86 1984

Old Taylor 6/86 1989 Frankfort/Clermont

2x Old Taylor quart NAS/80 1978 Louisville/Frankfort

Old Forester BIB 1988 no DSP, but definitely 354 era

4x Old Forester 86 1982, 414 on the tax stamp

Old Charter Proprietor's Reserve 1997

Old Charter 7/80 1989 Louisville

Seagram's Benchmark fifth 6/86 1975

Went in to purchase the CEHT Tornado Surviving and was surprised to also see a Sour Mash still on the shelf. Picked up both.

3x RittBiB

All this talk of prices, allocations, scarcity works. I bought all they had (also didn't hurt it was the best price I've ever seen @ $20.99)

Thomas Handy. Pretty stoked to run across it at my local GS. $56 didn't seem bad either.

GREAT price on the Handy. As tasty as it is, it's hard to pull the trigger on it for the $65-$80 prices I see around here, but you can't ask for better than $56. Well, maybe $45, but that'd be too much to ask!

Went in to purchase the CEHT Tornado Surviving and was surprised to also see a Sour Mash still on the shelf. Picked up both.

I'd like to come across another Sour Mash. I have one in the bunker, but I want another two so I don't feel bad opening my last one. That bottle hit a very unique spot for me. I didn't like paying $75 for it, but seeing as how there are no future plans to make it the same way, I'm regretting not picking up more.

Got 2 liter bottles of OWA 107 w 7 yr age statement. I think they are from '06.

Got 2 liter bottles of OWA 107 w 7 yr age statement. I think they are from '06.

That's awesome...would love to run across that up here!

I've been on a Pappy drought (as in I've never had the opportunity to purchase a bottle at a reasonable price from a retailer) so I consoled myself with a Vintage 21 Rye and PHC wheated for the bunker. In an age where rye is growing in popularity, age statements are being dropped, and alcohol content is being lowered, I'm not banking on too many more Vintage Rye-like products coming out in the near future.

I've been on a Pappy drought (as in I've never had the opportunity to purchase a bottle at a reasonable price from a retailer) so I consoled myself with a Vintage 21 Rye and PHC wheated for the bunker. In an age where rye is growing in popularity, age statements are being dropped, and alcohol content is being lowered, I'm not banking on too many more Vintage Rye-like products coming out in the near future.

I feel your pain. What very little Pappy I've ever seen seems to always be over priced 23's . Very nice buys though ..:grin:

Bought a Stagg yesterday. Contemplating a return trip for the other one or a Sazerac. Bank account says no but the heart says yes and the wife encourages such behavior...

Bought a Stagg yesterday. Contemplating a return trip for the other one or a Sazerac. Bank account says no but the heart says yes and the wife encourages such behavior...

If you don't get it soon then don't plan on getting it at all. I guarantee that the lurkers are already calling every store in the Bay Area looking for it! Plus, both Stagg and Saz 18 are worth every penny (as is WLW IMO).

Indeed Berto...run, don't walk, back and get them both. Follow your heart. If you don't want them both, let me know and I can help make one go away. :-)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.