What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Purchased my very first Pappy, I got 15 and 20. Drinking the 15 right now, love it.:woohoo:

Also pickup a second bottle of Taylor Tornado "C".

post-8155-14489817794285_thumb.jpg

Bookers, E. H. Taylor Tornado "C" and Woodford Reserve Double Oak, all at Liquor World in Bardstown this morning.
Purchased my very first Pappy, I got 15 and 20. Drinking the 15 right now, love it.:woohoo:

Also pickup a second bottle of Taylor Tornado "C".

[ATTACH]13235[/ATTACH]

Must be a "Tornado" kind of day, the good kind. I picked up a second bottle today as well! Maybe I will get a call for the PVW 15/20 soon!

Picked up a couple things while driving through Wisconsin today...3 ORVW 10/107 2010 bottles and a WTRB 01-97! :cool:

Picked up a Wild Turkey American Spirit. Never tried one yet, but looking forward to it.

A bottle of PHC1 arrived from a family member who picked it up in Gainesville for me :)

A bottle of PHC1 arrived from a family member who picked it up in Gainesville for me :)

Is your family accepting applications for membership?

Must be a Pappy 15 day. I happened upon a bottle today myself. The Kentucky release has seemed to go pretty quickly. Fortunately, I think I caught it early and was able to get some bottles of ORVW and VWFR Lot B to save for later.

A case of Col. E.H. Taylor Tornado Survivor. Opened one up and poured into my favorite glass. One word: nectar. :yum:

1zyc5qd.jpg

A case of Col. E.H. Taylor Tornado Survivor. Opened one up and poured into my favorite glass. One word: nectar. :yum:

Is the Tornado worth getting a case of? I haven't tried it but it's readily available around here.

I am most certainly missing something in the Tornado that others see.... I think it is a good bourbon and enjoy drinking it but IMO not something I would chase... especially at the price point.

... then again I miss quite a bit these days...:grin:

Is the Tornado worth getting a case of? I haven't tried it but it's readily available around here.

Remember a case of this is six bottles. If you are a fan of Buffalo Trace products then by all means you must get a bottle to try. The "value" is not quite there due to the pricing, but it is a limited release. To me the 100 proof is just perfect for fine sipping bourbon. This has a sweetness and complexity coupled with a great mouthfeel that I really love. It has slight "dusty" quality that I find quite enjoyable. Did I mention the finish? Long lasting. So in short, nectar. :)

Can anyone compare Tornado to JRPS?

JPRS had a more rye-like profile - id say it's closer to a PVW 15 or 10/107

Tornado is much smoother - no burn on the finished - i cant recommend it highly enough.

In fact I scored 4 more bottles of it yesterday along with 3 PHC cognacs.

If you live in Nashville, my apologies in advance if you can't find any Tornado !

Hmm..I am going shopping this weekend at Spec's. I did not have the Tornado on my list of possibilities..may have to reevaluate.

I finally got a bottle of WLW 2011 release along with a bottle of Buffalo Trace Wheated Mash and a teeny tiny bottle of Weller Reserve.

pick up some standard go-tos: OWA, RHF, and ELT. Also grabbed a WR double oak and the Taylor Tornado survivor. definitely interested in tasting it next to the sour mash and single barrel.

Thanks to the Whiskey Hotline, I got a PVW20 today. Binnys's - great customer service.

Was in Louisville today, stopped by a Liquor Barn and picked up (after much consideration) a bottle of Hancock's President's Reserve @ $27 (Liquor Barn special label). No idea if it is any good but the price seemed right.

Picked up a WR Double Oaked, an Old Pogue, and a Sam Houston American Whiskey. Just took first sip of the WR sitting on deck and listening to tourney games. More thoughts later, but initial impression is favorable considering I don't really care for regular WR.

Was in Louisville today, stopped by a Liquor Barn and picked up (after much consideration) a bottle of Hancock's President's Reserve @ $27 (Liquor Barn special label). No idea if it is any good but the price seemed right.

I tried this on a recommendation from a local store manager. It is good, not great, but a very solid bottle especially at that price point.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.