What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

bought a bottle of OGD BIB last night. was looking for 114 to replace a nearly empty bottle. I'm very happy with the BIB. at $15, I may be adding this to the regular rotation!

With a very big THANK YOU to Luther.r, I received a bottle today that I have been wanting for a long time. Than you Luther! You are a very generous SB.com member.

Glad you're happy with it! Looking forward to my box this week. :toast:

With a very big THANK YOU to Luther.r, I received a bottle today that I have been wanting for a long time. Than you Luther! You are a very generous SB.com member.
Glad you're happy with it! Looking forward to my box this week. :toast:

Don't know what the bottle was. Don't care what the bottle was. But I do have to say:

"Atta Boy Luther!"

I've always wanted to say that to a person actually named Luther. :grin: :grin: :grin: Cheers! Joe

A Redbreast cask strength (not a bourbon, I know) as a host gift for a St Patrick's party on Saturday, and an EH Taylor Tornado for rewarding myself for going to the St. Patrick's party.

Made one more Binnys stop before I left Chicagoland. Picked up another Lot B and a FR 120th Anniversary SB that the guy said had been gathering dust in a corner of the back room until someone recently moved a box and found it. I am now only missing the 2008 Mariage to complete my FR collection.

Don't know what the bottle was. Don't care what the bottle was. But I do have to say:

"Atta Boy Luther!"

I've always wanted to say that to a person actually named Luther. :grin: :grin: :grin: Cheers! Joe

And I know what movie that Quote is from

Birthday gifts, so technically I didn't buy them:

PVW 23

BT Experimental, rediscovered 1991 and 1993.

Very excited for the BT, as I toured the distillery two years ago and the tour guide was talking about their experimental collection at length.

I'm excited for the PVW too!

And I know what movie that Quote is from

Somehow I've had the same first name for almost 4 decades and have never heard that one before. Don Knotts!

Birthday gifts, so technically I didn't buy them:

PVW 23

BT Experimental, rediscovered 1991 and 1993.

Very excited for the BT, as I toured the distillery two years ago and the tour guide was talking about their experimental collection at length.

I'm excited for the PVW too!

The 91 is a outstanding example of a great bourbon, IMHO.

B

went ahead and picked off another EWSB 2000.

I stood today staring at a bottle of the EWSB, but I guess I am still suffering from the effects from a terrible bottle of the EW Black, and despite all the glowing reports, I put it back on the shelf and picked up Knob Creek instead.

I stood today staring at a bottle of the EWSB, but I guess I am still suffering from the effects from a terrible bottle of the EW Black, and despite all the glowing reports, I put it back on the shelf and picked up Knob Creek instead.

KC is good stuff too. by my palate EWSB>EW black. but the 2000 expression has some great qualities that stand out from the others i have tasted and is very drinkable at 86.6º. Not the highest of proofs but good nonetheless. Now back to your regular programming!

KC is good stuff too. by my palate EWSB>EW black. but the 2000 expression has some great qualities that stand out from the others i have tasted and is very drinkable at 86.6º. Not the highest of proofs but good nonetheless. Now back to your regular programming!

Feedback and thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

An ORVW 10/107 and a bottle of 10/90. The KY spring release is trickling out now, but almost all of the retailers are only getting a few random bottles.

Feedback and thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

I would tend to lean towards EC12 over EWSB.

I would tend to lean towards EC12 over EWSB.

I wouldn't, could never get into my bottle of EC12.

Colonel EH Taylor Tornado. We have had multiple cases of it sitting on the shelves for weeks. Figured I'd help free up the shelf space.

Dimpled bottle Old Forester BIB. It's like drinking pie. :yum:

Picked up a Van Winkle 12yr today. I've got my hands on ORVW 10yr/107 and PVW 15yr & 20yr in the past. I'm excited to try the 12yr for the first time. As far as I know, this is the first year that Vermont has had anything from Van Winkle besides the 15 and the 20.

I've been on the lookout for the VW12 for several years now, hopefully I'll come across the 13yr Rye some day.

Bookers, E. H. Taylor Tornado "C" and Woodford Reserve Double Oak, all at Liquor World in Bardstown this morning.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.