What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After reading Mr. Cowdery's blog post about it, I've had my eye on the WRMC Rare Rye and finally picked one up for $65 today.

• 4 months later...

On my last foray through some stores in SF, I found a dimpled Old Forester bond from about 1992. (And a whole row of Beam and Cyrus Noble decanters from the 70's which the owner wouldn't sell).

The previous one I bought was at least 6 years ago in Miami and based on that one, I passed up many after, for which I'm now sorry. The Miami buy was coarse and rough, and I assumed all were until the end of that packaging, but that wasn't the case clearly based on comments of many here and my own recent experience. This last one was rich and clean, almost chocolate-like. Very reminiscent of the chocolate/rum/brandy-type bourbons from the 70's and earlier. (Early ETL was like that too but I find it less so today). I guess I should have realised that bonded means what it says. What one season produces may be different to another's... Anyway, still toasting the "good old days" with this winner.

Gary

Edited by Gillman

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.