What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Didn't but these, these were all gifts today:

T.W. Samuels BIB

J.W. Dant BIB

J.T.S. Brown BIB

Yellowstone 90

Echo Springs 80

Delaware Phoenix Corn Whiskey 100

Time for a new thread.

Hoping to get some Weller 12 in Dallas before I head back to Atlanta.

The Weller 12 was the main thing I brought back from Dallas when I was there in October. I've never seen it in SC.

The Weller 12 was the main thing I brought back from Dallas when I was there in October. I've never seen it in SC.

It's not in Georgia either, Enoch. I continuously ask a retailer with whom I have a good relationship about it though...I'm hoping the squeaky wheel gets the grease!

My father in law bought me a Pappy 20 for Christmas...at least I've trained the inlaws correctly! :)

You better hold onto that wife...has she got any sisters???....lol

The girlfriend bought me a Parker Heritage Wheater and a WT American Spirit. It certainly helped to leave a guide on my phone of bottles I've left on shelves. :)

My mom got me a bottle of Lot B. how many people's mothers get on waiting lists to buy their sons bourbon? So awesome.

This was my Christmas present from my wife, given to me a few days early. I'm trying to orchestrate a couple of trades so I end up with a bottle of VWFRR; we'll see how that goes...

IMG_0713.jpg

Traveling from the bourbon wasteland of Pennsylvania to Ohio, I didnt have much hope of finding anything exciting....but I found a budget pour that I have been wanting to try. Old Ezra 101....it is damn tasty stuff!!!!

Found some straggler ORVW 10/90 and 12 year plus some Full Sail Black Gold bourbon aged stout!

That Full Sail was good stuff. Hope you enjoy it, too!

Hidden
This was my Christmas present from my wife, given to me a few days early. I'm trying to orchestrate a couple of trades so I end up with a bottle of VWFRR; we'll see how that goes...

IMG_0713.jpg

Hey Andy,

I live in Seattle, too, and my entire haul of the Van Winkles was 2 VWFRR's. I was interested in trying a Pappy of any age. It looks like you only got 1 Pappy 15 (which would probably be the most comparable), but I'd trade one of my VWFRR's for it, straight across. Let me know what you think. If you're not interested, no sweat, just thought I'd offer.

-Michael

On my way to the east side of the state today for work, made a pit stop and found a gts 141.4 & a pvw 20 on the self. Very surprised, must have found a spot you east side guys don't frequent.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Party Source had a limited allocation of stuff up for grabs yesterday. I got a VWFRR and an EH Taylor single barrel. And to bring the per-bottle shipping down a bit, a bottle of HH Old Style BiB and 3 Mellow Corn.

Party Source had a limited allocation of stuff up for grabs yesterday. I got a VWFRR and an EH Taylor single barrel. And to bring the per-bottle shipping down a bit, a bottle of HH Old Style BiB and 3 Mellow Corn.

Damnit, they had the Rye up? I saw all the other products but not a fan of the Pappy 23yr and the 10/107 and 12's I passed on. How many did they have when you bought it?

Damnit, they had the Rye up? I saw all the other products but not a fan of the Pappy 23yr and the 10/107 and 12's I passed on. How many did they have when you bought it?

When I visited the website they listed 6 bottles of the rye.

Sorry, I didn't go as far as to check the in-stock amount. I just raced to get my cart loaded and checked out before I was too late.

Sorry, I didn't go as far as to check the in-stock amount. I just raced to get my cart loaded and checked out before I was too late.

6 bottles and argh, that hurts. I saw it pop up on the website a month ago but they had none in stock then they were just adding the description because peopled asked per an email response. Having the hardest time finding the VWFRR but ive got a ton of 15/20 on the way at the end of week.

Dooh, I was actually in the store yesterday. I had no idea they had the VWFRR. I got one of the last Bowmans but would have for sure picked one of those up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a stash of 2000 and 2001 Evan Williams Single Barrel bottles at a store here in Madison. They were marked down to $10.99. The store employee (owner?) said they were marked down in anticipation of the new vintage. I bought a few, and left a few on the shelf.

I found a stash of 2000 and 2001 Evan Williams Single Barrel bottles at a store here in Madison. They were marked down to $10.99. The store employee (owner?) said they were marked down in anticipation of the new vintage. I bought a few, and left a few on the shelf.

What a fantastic buy - that's pretty much the price of one dram in NYC. I can't find the 2000 anywhere.

Based off early reviews: 2000 > 2001 > 2002

In upstate NY, Bankers Club, on sale at $17.00 for 1.75 L. I bought this on a hunch, as often (not always of course) I've had good experience with private labels or similar bottlings that come very low-priced. This one is is bottled by an outfit out of Scofield, NJ. What a great buy! The bourbon is fully matured, NAS but I'd guess 4-8 years old. No hint of corny immaturity or other flavors one would think would come in a bottom shelf package. It had a rich, chocolately taste, like Benchmark in the 70's, say. That rummy-like taste of richness some bourbons had in the past. I'd guess the profile is selected with that taste in mind, given the evident antiquity of the label, enhanced by a depiction of two well-dressed men playing a game of billiards in a club environment. I have had many bourbons at x-times the price (you name it) that weren't as good.

Gary

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.