What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bootlegger. :)

Nice selections. I see you got the CnB OWA for others. Keep one for yourself. They made a fantastic selection this year. Much better than the TPS SB, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm definitely keeping one. I just hope it's not *that* good since I'll only have one!

I had a fun, but long and expensive drive today from Louisville to Columbus via Four Roses Distillery, Buffalo Trace Distillery, The Party Source, and Cork N' Bottle.

The haul:

Distillery Gift Shop FRSB OBSV 16 yr Barrel 7 122.8p x1 (wish I got more)

TPS FRSB OBSK x1

TPS BTEC Wheat on Rye II x2

TPS Willett 11 yr Bourbon 113.2p x1

TPS Willett 5 yr Rye 118.8p x1

BT Bourbon Cream x2 (I'd be lying if I said it's just for my fiance)

EH Taylor Tornado x1

CnB OWA x3 (2 for fellow SBers)

Weller 12 x1

Jefferson's Rye x2 (for another SBer)

Baby Saz x2 (for another SBer)

How much was the FRSB from the gift shop? I'll be doing part of the Bourbon trail this weekend while visiting my sister and need to know how much begging I'll have to do with the wife for an increase in the whiskey budget.

How much was the FRSB from the gift shop? I'll be doing part of the Bourbon trail this weekend while visiting my sister and need to know how much begging I'll have to do with the wife for an increase in the whiskey budget.

$57! A steal for barrel proof 16 year old whiskey in my opinion. I got in the car, drove about 15 miles, and decided I wanted another bottle, but by then it was too late.

Nothing fancy--Fighting Cock and OC 101 for when the boys come over to watch hoops this weekend.

$57! A steal for barrel proof 16 year old whiskey in my opinion. I got in the car, drove about 15 miles, and decided I wanted another bottle, but by then it was too late.

Oh my good gracious... I was going to buy as many 4RSB as I could from TPS, but this... oh this is something special. Thanks!

Finally picked up a bottle of E.H. Taylor Tornado Survival W. C. I also picked picked up FRSB LE 2011 (at long last).

Although i had to pass up WLW 2011 release. If it is still there in two weeks i'll have that as well.

On a hunch, I visited a store I was last in about 5 years ago. Then they had a nice bourbon and scotch selections.

Well after a long drive what did my tired eyes see. A major stress reliever. A PHC wheated bourbon.

Even though it was $5 over the defunct state minimum price, I l=felt with it in hand as I could not talk talk the store owner into cutting the price. Had a nice chat with the owner and was on my way.

Picked up a bottle of Toddy's 10yr Willett Black Wax and 2 bottles of WT101 Rye.

Picked up some Old Grand Dad and Buffalo Trace White Dog today. I love specialty stores that import stuff not normally found in our market :cool:

picked up the PHC barrel finished today. have been happy with all the PHC i have gotten. speaking of cognac, i also picked up a tasting set of tesseron. had a small bottle of each of their lots. only about $50. That may sound like a lot for 4 airplane bottles, but it included the lot 29 which goes for about 400 bottle around here and i would never buy that. On another cognac note, got my first taste of "Louie tre" last week. a client was nice enough to pour me 2 ounces ($200!).

Did you try any? I always try a small amount right after vatting to have a starting point for future pours once the vatting has some bottle time to "marry".

Wow! The marriage of the OWA107 & the W12 is really fantastic. It really changed in 2 weeks. I'm sold and I'll be blending more of this again and again. Thanks for the tip. This is such a great place, SB.

I was hoping to find something special for my 100th post. Then I found it! Saz 18 and 2009 Mariage!

I was hoping to find something special for my 100th post. Then I found it! Saz 18 and 2009 Mariage!

:cool: :cool: :cool: Awesome!!! Happy 100!:grin: :grin: Those are a few I would love to run across!

1 x ER17

2 x THH

3 x WLW

3 x GTS

3 x ORVW 10/17

3 x ORVW 12

1 x PVW 20

Just don't tell my wife.

All of these were sitting on a shelf at retail or even on "sale". Left plenty on the shelf other than the PVW and GTS.

Happy hunting!

emil, nice haul!

Just don't tell my wife.

Don't worry, that's an implicit understanding here.

On a hunch, I visited a store I was last in about 5 years ago. Then they had a nice bourbon and scotch selections.

Well after a long drive what did my tired eyes see. A major stress reliever. A PHC wheated bourbon.

Even though it was $5 over the defunct state minimum price, I l=felt with it in hand as I could not talk talk the store owner into cutting the price. Had a nice chat with the owner and was on my way.

So there are some left in the wild in MI. Good find.

1 x ER17

2 x THH

3 x WLW

3 x GTS

3 x ORVW 10/17

3 x ORVW 12

1 x PVW 20

Just don't tell my wife.

All of these were sitting on a shelf at retail or even on "sale". Left plenty on the shelf other than the PVW and GTS.

Happy hunting!

Wow, not bad, were all the BTAC's from current release?

It's Van Winkle Day.

4 x ORVW 10/107

4 x PVW Lot B 12

2 x PVW 15

1 x PVW 20

1 x PVW 23

And, my wife told me to buy this much. I think she's hoping it'll get out of my system...

Binnys' trip today:

2x Col. E.H. Taylor Tornado

1x OFBB 2008

1x OFBB 2011

1x Lot B

4x Baby Saz

1998 EWSB at a local spot. Last me on the shelf s made sure I grabbed it sincetherewere four a few weeks ago.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.