What are you cookin on the smoker?

cigarnv

4 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Thanks.  Missed the newspaper insert this AM, and I just happen to need a resupply.

Both of them usually run the same special for each spring and summer holiday.  A great price and great time to stock up.  ;)

• 6 months later...

Thread has been dead since September. It must suck to live in the cold. I got a 10 pound prime grade brisket going in my smoker. I will get some pics when it comes out. 

3 hours ago, oke&coke said:

Thread has been dead since September. It must suck to live in the cold. I got a 10 pound prime grade brisket going in my smoker. I will get some pics when it comes out. 

Eeewww! I decided to fire up my Big Green Egg, yesterday. It had been covered all winter. First, I could not get the lid to open. It would lift the entire egg instead of opening, but it finally did open.

Then, the next problem: The inside was coated with green mold. Yuck! So, I gave up my plans to cook, started a big fire, and just let the fire go, however hot it got. It burned for several hours.

I took my beautiful ribeye steaks inside, got my biggest cast iron skillet, and browned them on the stovetop in High for a couple of minutes, and moved them into a 500 degree oven for a few more minutes. The were perfectly medium rare and delicious.

Tim

11 hours ago, oke&coke said:

Don't suck as bad as island fever :D. Always grilled and smoked throughout the year. 20 degrees or above not a problem for smoker. Below 20 I'll stick to grilling. 

December 10-Brisket

IMG_3943.thumb.JPG.a26e9bda0a56f7ce890f65be0d2fbb52.JPG

January 8-RibsIMG_4090.thumb.JPG.20f053bc6fdc02028b64940c88b530bf.JPG

February 5-more RibsIMG_4181.thumb.JPG.8eafcefb7cf7c287d76b2dbeab8c4ed6.JPG

March 5-another BrisketIMG_4320.thumb.JPG.6db410f9f5b8d1a7509bc9cc51f75635.JPG

• I like it 1

12 minutes ago, T Comp said:

Don't suck as bad as island fever :D. Always grilled and smoked throughout the year. 20 degrees or above not a problem for smoker. Below 20 I'll stick to grilling. 

December 10

January 8-R

February 5-more Ribs

March 5-another Brisk

Totally awesome Thad! 

Cheers! Joe

Had a little spring break time  and fired up my trusty green Weber kettle ( aka #1). I made some "chuckies" which are smoked chuck roasts that are essentially pulled beef. I smoked them for 6.5 hours with some hickory.  Later in the week I smoked a 6.5 lb..chicken on the rotisserie with a little apple wood. With leftovers I made chicken noodle soup.  With chuckie leftovers I made beef vegetable wild rice soup.  Both were very nice. Finally I made a beef, pork, venison pecan wood smoked meatloaf.  With leftovers, chopped bacon, diced onion, diced baked potato, I made meatloaf hash in cast iron with a fried egg on top. Much of the food was accompanied by a pour of OGD114. Good week. 

• I like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

Setting up the Weber kettle to smoke some ribs. Let's see how these turn out.

It's my birthday nothing I like more than watching the Masters, sipping some bourbon and smoking some ribs.

623b38d32820d68da4b2f6e01fd3051f.jpg

20a3089a5d92f2eb537f5a09a7a3e7ec.jpg

bd049e9bb9a6a882676730e962c909e6.jpg

6 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Setting up the Weber kettle to smoke some ribs. Let's see how these turn out.

It's my birthday nothing I like more than watching the Masters, sipping some bourbon and smoking some ribs.

623b38d32820d68da4b2f6e01fd3051f.jpg

20a3089a5d92f2eb537f5a09a7a3e7ec.jpg

bd049e9bb9a6a882676730e962c909e6.jpg

Sounds like a wonderful plan. Enjoy your day.

• 9 months later...

Just cooked up a couple pork butts on Saturday, always have plenty of things to cook on a variety of grills and smokers.

42722708-2856-44B8-88EC-6611130CD7FA.jpeg

• I like it 2

Hmmm, nice set up, Littlericky!    I wanna visit your backyard when ya' got all these puppies goin'!!!    That's gotta be an olfactory experience worth having.  :P

2 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Hmmm, nice set up, Littlericky!    I wanna visit your backyard when ya' got all these puppies goin'!!!    That's gotta be an olfactory experience worth having.  :P

It will get the neighbors jealous from the smell of BBQ and it doesn't take long for some to come knocking on the door. 

• I like it 1

Like Rich said, nice set up Ricky. You definitely need to try and make it to one of our SB gatherings in Bardstown. Our get togethers are known for the variety of bourbons we bring to share, but we also eat pretty darned good too. :P We have a number of members that know their way around a smoker and/or a grill. FWIW, I ain't one of 'em.  :huh: Although I do make a pretty decent batch of chili. ;)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Cheap Doesn't Mean Bad!!!

Feeling conventional after work, I figured on burgers & dogs. Why not one of my best priced bourbons to boot; an ER10. Don't let those burgers fool you. They are a variation of my Sicilian Mother & Grandmother's meatballs, packed with spices, a bit of olive oil, lots of romano cheese, a very little bell pepper & just enough minced onion; mixed at half beef/half pork.

bugers.jpg

10 minutes ago, Littlericky said:

The big boy in action with brisket, sausage, and ribs. BBQ and Bourbon, life sure is good!

2AECE46F-A18B-42C0-BAFC-B88C754E8E5B.jpeg

The Bourbon Trail would be so much fun, but the Smokin Trail really need to pass by your place!!!

Just cooked up a couple pork butts on Saturday, always have plenty of things to cook on a variety of grills and smokers.
42722708-2856-44B8-88EC-6611130CD7FA.jpeg.3cebdfca2e12541d02471d27e25bb414.jpeg

Can I be your neighbor?

Super Bowl Eats...

A simple selection: Good Ol' Chicken Wings, Mac-n-cheese w/ roasted jalapenos, grillin' beans w/ bacon & Daddy K's BBQ sauce, mixed veggies with pearl onions topped with a pour of Jeff AAS, but switched to Blanton's for the rest of the game...

super.jpg

• I like it 1

• 4 weeks later...

34th Anniversary Breakfast from the Primo...

Center cut pork chops, with poached eggs on Texas toast & strawberries cut into hearts shapes with honey. Pay attention newlywed husbands; the heart shaped strawberries alone will earn you a $65 bottle of bourbon in brownie points, easy!!!

Oh yes, those are mimosas, so now she gets to take a mimosa induced nap while I start weekend putting my earlier Lowes trip into play...

34.jpg

34th.jpg

• 2 months later...

NY strips on the Weber and a blind tasting for a friend dipping his toe in the bourbon waters. 

6756D963-9AA7-4CF8-9EBB-97B816BFB7DE.jpeg

FECFA9A1-F68D-420C-A5F4-CDB664BDB4E4.jpeg

3A7D02C8-269E-4580-99B5-F31BAC12F944.jpeg

• I like it 2

Visiting Vosgar Jr. and his family in Omaha this weekend. Jr. recently got a smoker and tonight cooked up a delicious brisket. Forgot to take a picture, but damn, it was good!

Filets, mini golden taters & sweet peppers, red onions w/ portabella shrooms. Putting on a splash of garlic butter which deserves a pour of my 50/50, EC 11year/RR SiB. Almost time!!!

filet.jpg.ae62babb53d18c3d27661cbc1b6cc28f.jpg