What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I started out winter with a morning pour of PHC 10. This is one fantastic pour that is nothing short of wonderful with your morning coffee.

This is only for days when you have no commitments or obligations.

Happy Solstice everyone.

If winter started @ midnight, I had a birthday nightcap of FRLESmB '12. A marvel, this stuff. I actually like it a bit more with a few drops of water. Many other luxurious pours led up to this one, but that was back in autumn!

Well ok, the Autumn thread was locked while I was preparing a post for it. Most of what I drank last night was in Autumn, so you'll have to forgive me for posting comments in the Winter thread anyway.

My first birthday bourbon last night came late after a cancelled babysitter and thus cancelled bday dinner out. Oh well.

I started with some Pappy 20 from a bottle I opened on Thanksgiving. Very very tasty, but it must be said, quite mild for a palate that has been heavily groomed with CS whiskey of late. I was getting pleasant Dr Pepper notes off it last night. I then progressed to a grand pour of PHC Golden Ann, full of charcoal butter corn. This is a 100pf heavyweight if ever there was one.

I moved on to a pour from a freshly opened BTEC 19yo Giant Oak. This is a #2 BT mash aged in used French oak, so not bourbon, but some very nice wood influence on this. Well done spice on the finish despite the 90pf.

I finished with some FRLESmB '12, which I've already commented on.

You need to be more timely with your updates. Seasonal thread locks wait for no one. :D

Also, you are forgiven.

GBS Local Chapter 9th Annual Christmas Party at Mac McGee's Irish Pub in Decatur. Awesome place, with awesome whiskey selection and awesome food. Went through Angel's Envy Reg and Cask Strength, ETL Private Barrel, Vintage 17, H&H 10 yr :D, VWFRR, ER10 101, EC20 Gift Shop, several Willets (11 yr particularly yummy), SB Blend that I nailed...as 4 Roses...in a blind tasting :rolleyes:...I suck, and many more. Great time! Thanks Casey!

post-8610-14489818498464_thumb.jpg

Joe, thanks for the invite, I enjoyed meeting everyone. Definitely a good evening. Thanks again to Mac Magee Irish Pub for hosting us, if you live in the Atlanta area and haven't been, go check them out, awesome place. Fish and Chips were awesome as is their Whiskey selection.

Edited by petrel800

GBS Local Chapter 9th Annual Christmas Party at Mac McGee's Irish Pub in Decatur. Awesome place, with awesome whiskey selection and awesome food. Went through Angel's Envy Reg and Cask Strength, ETL Private Barrel, Vintage 17, H&H 10 yr :D, VWFRR, ER10 101, EC20 Gift Shop, several Willets (11 yr particularly yummy), SB Blend that I nailed...as 4 Roses...in a blind tasting :rolleyes:...I suck, and many more. Great time! Thanks Casey!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14590[/ATTACH]

Joe, thanks for the invite, I enjoyed meeting everyone. Definitely a good evening. Thanks again to Mac Magee Irish Pub for hosting us, if you live in the Atlanta area and haven't been, go check them out, awesome place. Fish and Chips were awesome as is their Whiskey selection.

A delightful time indeed and Mac McGee proved to be an excellent place for the evenings festivities! Well worth a visit if you are in the Decatur area.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14590[/ATTACH]

Great to meet you, Mark. I see there are a couple there that I forgot...I drank those, too...:crazy: And, 1/2 a pint of Guinness! PQR aside, I did enjoy the AECS and Jefferson's Ocean. The Ocean was sweeter than I expected. Loved the AECS.

Sounds like Tylenol was in order this morning? :lol:

Always great to see everybody!. What a great lineup, and I echo the praises for Mac McGee's, Casey, and our lovely, whiskey-drinking waitress. Can't believe I forgot to taste the AE Cask Strength! The ER10 101, Vintage 17, and the VWFRR were the highlights for me. Happy Christmas to all!

Kicking off my holiday break with an OWA 107 single barrel selection from my favorite store. A great value at only $21 a bottle.

Having a pour of JPS 18.

Nice. Just bought a JPS 18 today - a store selected barrel. But am presently drinking a 2012 FRLeSb. Tastey

whipped up a mini cocktail with:

IMG_20121221_171222_590-1.jpg

about 2 parts 4R, 1 part Cherry Marnier, 0.75 part vermouth, couple squirts orange bitters, shaken over ice, 2 Luxardo cherries

final product; my wife mostly liked this one and my son definitely did:

IMG_20121221_165645_913-1-1.jpg

whipped up a mini cocktail with:

about 2 parts 4R, 1 part Cherry Marnier, 0.75 part vermouth, couple squirts orange bitters, shaken over ice, 2 Luxardo cherries

final product; my wife mostly liked this one and my son definitely did:

IMG_20121221_165645_913-1-1.jpg

I am not sure about the cocktail, but wow that is an awesome PVD Radiomir!

Listening to Christmas music and helping the girls decorate some cookies, while sipping on the earthy goodness of a Buffalo Trace. That earthiness signature of BT is quite prevalent in this newly purchased bottle. More so, than most I've had recently. Hitting the spot quite well.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!