What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The monsters are in bed, gifts are wrapped, and the wife and I danced to "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas". So I drank the last of a bottle of Pappy van Winkle 20 year. This is the finest bourbon ever.

Thank God I have another bottle.

All the guests are finally out of the house, during dinner we enjoyed a few pours of WTRye 101 and a bit of ORVW 10/107, now I am about to grab a healthy chunk of chocolate covered bacon and a nice pour of PVW 20

That all sounds good except for the chocolate covered bacon!

I hereby institute a new rule at SB. At no point will anyone speak favorably about a bourbon I cannot purchase in Arizona.

I kid, I kid. I'm just frustrated because several of the more popular value expressions can't really be found here (like the VOB line, AAA, and EW 1783 off the top of my head. And even OF Signature and OGD BIB can be a bit harder to find).

Was happily surprised by my Dad when we went over to his house today and he had a bottle of Maker's 46, very nice.

Best regards, Tony

Willett 8yr "Wheater" followed it up with a pour of Tornado and Lot B while enjoying the festive holiday season.

Couldn't decide what to have this evening so I had my wife grab a bottle from the bar. She came back with the Larceny. I was kind of hoping for something else but Larceny it was, Cheers. Hope everybody is enjoying the holiday season as much as I am.

I promised I'd hit the VWFRR, and did so twice. Now I'm on to the GBS EC15. Everyone is asleep. "Along long the watchtower" from my first dead show @ buffalo in 1989 on the headset. All is well :cool:

I promised I'd hit the VWFRR, and did so twice. Now I'm on to the GBS EC15. Everyone is asleep. "Along long the watchtower" from my first dead show @ buffalo in 1989 on the headset. All is well :cool:

Sounds like a great one, bro. There was a bit of the VWFRR and GBS EC15 in my glass tonight, as well. And, a few more, too! :drinking: Merry Christmas to you!

:toast:

Enjoyed the last pour of a PHC 2011. Now attempting another pour of Grand Traverse 100% Straight Bourbon. Not any better than it was last night. Ah well.

Thanks to a lingering sinus infection, not a damn thing :hot:

I feel your pain both figuratively and literally. I finally got a couple of bottles of GTS that I ordered back in Februray, and I can't even partake of one because of a stinking head cold that is going on 3 weeks.

Couldn't decide what to have this evening so I had my wife grab a bottle from the bar. She came back with the Larceny. I was kind of hoping for something else but Larceny it was, Cheers. Hope everybody is enjoying the holiday season as much as I am.

Opened my second handle of Larceny. Actually, it doesn't have a handle so maybe it's just family size. Any way, I must be adjusting to the stuff. The first bottle took me a while to appreciate. This one is good from the get go. First in a Glencairn and then a big pour on the rocks.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!