What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tonight's after-work pours: Larceny and CEHT SmB. Larceny is an easy drinker but makes the CEHT seem like a flavor bomb in comparison. No contest for Mr. Taylor tonight!

:bigeyes:

A delightful time indeed and Mac McGee proved to be an excellent place for the evenings festivities! Well worth a visit if you are in the Decatur area.

Great time at Mac McGees. Big shout out to Casey, owner, for the hospitality, and to the lovely Marina:bigeyes:, for the service and joining us in our revelry.:toast:

As SmokinJoe said this will have to be an annual event, maybe next year in Roswell at Mac McGees II, opening in January.

Great fun!!!!

Just to change things up a bit I think I'll have some EW 1783.

Does anyone else find the 1783 an enormous value? At only a dollar more, I find it much preferable to EW black.

I quite agree Fly, years ago before single barrel/small batch expressions Parker Beam created the 1783 and considered it to be his favorite. My only regret is I've never seen it higher than 86 proof.

Just a stupid question and it doesn't mean anything but how do you have a 1783 bourbon when by legend bourbon wasn't made for the first time till 1789? ( how is that for a run on sentence?)

i am diggin the hookers house line the rye is finished in a zinfandel barrel and tastes like a manhattan made with a great vermouth as a treat i landed the 21 year old generals reserve buy if you can find it!

Does anyone else find the 1783 an enormous value? At only a dollar more, I find it much preferable to EW black.

I hereby institute a new rule at SB. At no point will anyone speak favorably about a bourbon I cannot purchase in Arizona. :soapbox:

I kid, I kid. I'm just frustrated because several of the more popular value expressions can't really be found here (like the VOB line, AAA, and EW 1783 off the top of my head. And even OF Signature and OGD BIB can be a bit harder to find).

Ohio is no place to find much in the way of bourbon either..... tvalue pours or otherwise.

We do have OE 101. And at $14.85, a very good value pour. But you already knew that ebo ...

My local store has been having a great deal on ERSB. But I heard Santa may be bringing me some really good stuff! Can't wait until Christmas Eve!

Regular Four Roses which is perhaps the best value in bourbon today. I will take it over most bourbon double and triple the price. It is spicy and brandy-like, perfect for the neat experience at 80 proof. I am amazed its price is still kept so low, probably this is due to the proof, but it has qualities much beyond the other 80 proof bourbons IMO and I think I prefer it to Small Batch and Single Barrel.

Gary

OK, I'm done. No more shopping for Christmas for me, as I've picked up stuff for everybody on the list. My reward, as I get down to settling in to watch some football, is a scrumptious pour of 2012 PHC. :yum:

A couple of bold pours of CEHT Tornado after spending most of the afternoon busting ice off of my driveway,gotta loosen the back up somehow!

Just finished my first pour of Eagle Rare 17. This is the first BTAC bottle I have tried, and while I'm not a huge fan of ER10, this is a great pour of whiskey. Just couldn't pass it up after finding a bottle today.

Of the current Eagle Rare expressions I believe the 17 is the way to go. I liked the old 101 proof version very much but this later 10 yr is just not the same. May be single barrel is not the best choice for the 10 year.

Larceny, followed up with some Weller 107 in an Old Fashioned. First time I've ever used any wheated bourbon in an Old Fashioned, very very tasty. I might give it a go in a Manhattan next. I know, I know, sacrilege and all that, but I can't help it. I do this type of thing on occasion to see what happens.

~SW

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!