What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Julio's selection Henry McKenna BiB after cleanup after wallpaper removal in the master bedroom.

The rose-pink chrysanthemum figured wallpaper (where the blooms formed an intriguing yet madness-inducing honeycomb sort of pattern) is GONE! Underneath the wallpaper, we found the date the paper went up (June 1981) and the whole family's names on the plaster wall surface, written in by one of the kids -- very cute!

I think I'll follow this pour with a little Rock Hill Farms, and then off to bed. Easy day at work scheduled for tomorrow.

Finishing what's left of a handle of Jim Beam. What can I say, I need to shelf space for a new bottle I picked up today.

Old Fitz BIB

OGD 114

ORVW 10/107

I was impressed with each pour... kept getting better. Gonna finish the night off with one more ORVW when I figure out what movie to watch. :)

I'm not the best with tasting notes and the '08 had been open for over 2 years while I just opened the '12 tonight but I would say the '08 was softer and a bit sweeter, both my 15 and 23 from '08 kind of remind me of a port wine, the '12 tastes hotter and a bit spicer, it reminds me more of Lot B, Weller 12 and OWA, they taste more like cousins than siblings to me but it could have to do with air time. Like I said though I'm not so good with tasting notes, I'm kind of a "peasant" when it comes to that sort of thing.;)

Thanks. My tasting notes are usually something like "delicious." I'm sure these all merit that description.

That they are, for sure! Describing tastes is tough for me but I like to think that I'm getting a better handle on it, (honestly that was the 1st time I have tried publicly) I find drinking wine and beer from time to time and trying to pick out specific flavors helps me with my bourbon tastings.

Thanks to a lingering sinus infection, not a damn thing :hot: What good is time off if not for imbibing? Oh yeah - family, friends, blah, blah :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Started off the day's festivities with the annual bountiful family Christmas Eve feast with all the trimmings....followed with a dessert of the 2012 versions of Stagg & WLW courtesy of our most gracious host. A while afterwards some wonderful Port to finish dessert time.:yum:

Just arrived home and starting with some Pappy 20 & WT Tribute. Plans for additional samplings later in the evening are incomplete at present....back with you later.:drink:

Edited by Old Lamplighter

3 new ones for me tonight...

Started off with Very Old Barton; I have been looking for a bargain shelf bourbon and this fit the bill. Lots of cherries and nothing foul. Moved on to Grand Traverse Straight Bourbon. Definitely young, but not horrible. Certainly not worth the price tag at this point, however. Finished up with the AH Hirsch 16 I stumbled upon tonight. Absolutely amazing.

Now it's time for some Bell's Holiday Ale and A Christmas Story. Merry Christmas All!

Very mixed bag tonight. Some Knob Creek small batch, some Pikesville Rye, and after dinner, given the task of clearing out some of the old bottles from the bar, one hefty pour of "Wild Turkey Liqueur" (a bit overly sweet but otherwise not bad):

post-8954-14489818503302_thumb.jpg

post-8954-14489818503302_thumb.jpg

WLW,CEHT Tornado and OF BIB all nice pours shared this holiday season with my father while sitting by the fire and watching my son open some Christmas gifts,couldn't really ask for a better evening.

All the guests are finally out of the house, during dinner we enjoyed a few pours of WTRye 101 and a bit of ORVW 10/107, now I am about to grab a healthy chunk of chocolate covered bacon and a nice pour of PVW 20

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!