What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Now onto some WT101. Hoping the Lions can eek out a win.

Best regards, Tony

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Hanging out with a good friend who is visiting from out of town and enjoying some Lot B, PVW15 and PVW20.

A good friend indeed. Enjoy!

OGD BIB, it's like a sore dick, you just can't beat it...

Haha --- never easy to follow the comic who works blue.... but I'm enjoying a pour of OGD 114.

Now onto some WT101. Hoping the Lions can eek out a win.

Best regards, Tony

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Tony,

Hoping for a Loins win is a good reason to drink. The Lions need both new management and coaching.

But on the other hand they do provide a reason for a drink.

Will

Obviously the Falcons win made all of us in ATL very happy, as it gives the Falcons home field advantage throughout the playoffs. :grin: And the Falcons REALLY need a playoff win badly to take it to the next level.

What about Calvin Johnson.:bigeyes:

Amazing receiver. We watched him here at Ga Tech where he was always the best player on the field. He's the same way in the NFL: best player on the field, and that's saying a lot with Roddy White and Julio Jones catching the pigskin for the Falcons.

To avoid thread drift: Enjoyed SB blend, and ORVW 10/107 while watching the game last night.

Edited by wmpevans

I opened up a number of our new barrel selections last night with a neighbor of mine...we opened OWA #14, OWA #15, Willett 8yr barrel #1434 (wheated), and Willett 9yr #810/811 rye bourbon. The Willett wheater is hands down the biggest caramel bomb that I have ever had...I'm still amazed at the quality of OWA that can be had through their SB program.

Ohio is no place to find much in the way of bourbon either..... value pours or otherwise.

I survived an extended family Christmas dinner by tucking a couple of 50's of Pappy 15 into my coat pocket. It made the evening float past gracefully as they bickered about difficult Charades submissions. :skep:

As to not derail this thread with Ohio banter, I've opened a new one to discuss the state of bourbon availability in the Buckeye State.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?19006-Ohio-Bourbon-desert-or-home-of-unappreciated-brands&p=314611

A pre-Christmas treat: ORVW 10/107 opened today. It's good from the first pour and will only get better as the days roll on.............

Rob

I'm enjoying a former BOTM and one our great state's truly good budget bourbons. OE 101. A steal at $14.75

Relaxing and cooking for the family. A little ER17, some really old Ancient Age I found in my Dad's cabinet that he didn't know he had, and some EWSB 2002.

Old Grand-Dad BIB

Four Roses Small Batch 2012 LE

Sipped on those while wrapping Christmas presents

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!