Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

HighInTheMtns
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

You guys are driving me crazy.  I have a bottle of ECSB but can't find a bottle of ECBP anywhere, then I get on here and have to read about how much you guys like it.  Give me a break here. :D

I've picked up a couple bottles at Kroger in Versailles.

I've picked up a couple bottles at Kroger in Versailles.

They are probably long gone by now. They didn't stay on shelves long in Lexington.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

They are probably long gone by now. They didn't stay on shelves long in Lexington.

I don't think they even made it to the shelves!  ;)

I don't think they even made it to the shelves!  [emoji6]

Paddy, you're right.

Wow... saw several still on the shelf here on Thursday but the market isn't as strong...hard to even find a LS with a decent bourbon selection around here.

• 2 weeks later...

''Twas a good day. Stumbled across two bottles of the new ECBP A??? Whatever you call it, for $55 each.

when I got home I took the bag inside and noticed the bag was wet.

one of the bottles was leaking slightly from the cork while it was laying on its side on the way home in my truck. I guess that one will be opened first.

sure wish they would have redesigned that cork a little better. can't complain though, lucky to find a couple of bottles.

any of you Texans out there, it has finally made it here. Get to huntin

On 3/31/2017 at 7:39 PM, Bourbonmakesmepoop said:

''Twas a good day. Stumbled across two bottles of the new ECBP A??? Whatever you call it, for $55 each.

when I got home I took the bag inside and noticed the bag was wet.

one of the bottles was leaking slightly from the cork while it was laying on its side on the way home in my truck. I guess that one will be opened first.

sure wish they would have redesigned that cork a little better. can't complain though, lucky to find a couple of bottles.

any of you Texans out there, it has finally made it here. Get to huntin

Saw a bottle today and they were asking $109.99.  At that price they can keep asking.

Batch 9 with a cube after weeding for an hour.  My wife is out working an open house, so just me and the pup.  The ice helps tame this and brings out some additional flavor.  Need to pace myself, The Masters won't finish until dinner time!

Finally got a bottle Friday at our local Kroger Wine & Spirits.  $60.49.  127 proof.  Puts some hair on your chest.

• 4 weeks later...

Any clue when the new batch (i.e. after the recent 127 proof) will be out??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Just saw on Reddit that a new batch of ECBP has been announced.  It's being called B517 and comes in at 124.4 proof.  Let the speculation begin :lol:

2 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

Just saw on Reddit that a new batch of ECBP has been announced.  It's being called B517 and comes in at 124.4 proof.  Let the speculation begin :lol:

Yep. Samples are currently in the hands of numerous bloggers.

Any feedback?? looks like proof is moving down again. ....

Most ECBP in the past had ranged from (135-140 +or-). 124.4 is the lowest yet. Unless someone here knows of any barrel proof gift shop releases from the past that were lower?

17 minutes ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Any feedback?? looks like proof is moving down again. ....

I'm intrigued by your second sentence.  Just making an observation, or more to your statement?

6 hours ago, Louisiana said:

Most ECBP in the past had ranged from (135-140 +or-). 124.4 is the lowest yet. Unless someone here knows of any barrel proof gift shop releases from the past that were lower?

Can't speak to every gift shop ECBP proof. I have one that is 129.7 proof.

Even though these first two batches in the new style bottle have been the lowest barrel proof of the series (Batch 7 was 128 proof) I don't know if we can say this a trend quite yet.

I'm intrigued by your second sentence.  Just making an observation, or more to your statement?

Joe don't read too much into it. Just noticing the it went from 139.4 to 136 to 126 to 124.4.....and reviews have noted the 126 was good but certainly thinner than the previous few versions. More than anything just interesting to note. I have tried the 139.4 and 136 and they are certainly flavor bombs with a thick mouthfeel to me. I have yet to crack one of my 126 yet to try that myself.

16 minutes ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Joe don't read too much into it. Just noticing the it went from 139.4 to 136 to 126 to 124.4.....and reviews have noted the 126 was good but certainly thinner than the previous few versions. More than anything just interesting to note. I have tried the 139.4 and 136 and they are certainly flavor bombs with a thick mouthfeel to me. I have yet to crack one of my 126 yet to try that myself.

Thanks for your explanation of just commenting on a trend in recent releases.  

I have 2 bottles of the new release. It is 124.2 proof. I have not tried it yet.

50 minutes ago, Phil T said:

I have 2 bottles of the new release. It is 124.2 proof. I have not tried it yet.

Open one up & share your thoughts. Skipped the last release only because I went overboard buying batches 11 & 12.

Cheers,

Jeff

14 minutes ago, Louisiana said:

Open one up & share your thoughts. Skipped the last release only because I went overboard buying batches 11 & 12.

Cheers,

Jeff

Yes I thought batch 11 at 139.4 excellent.

I felt lucky to get an extra bottle even tho it had jumped to $85 at the local I found it.

51 minutes ago, Louisiana said:

Cheers,

Jeff

I don't drink it straight from the bottle, I cut it with regular EC 1:1 because it proofs down to my wheelhouse. 

1 hour ago, Phil T said:

I don't drink it straight from the bottle, I cut it with regular EC 1:1 because it proofs down to my wheelhouse. 

I experimented between cutting it to the same proof once with regular EC12 and once with spring water, and I liked it better cut with spring water myself. Of course that takes more tedious measuring.

12 minutes ago, amg said:

I experimented between cutting it to the same proof once with regular EC12 and once with spring water, and I liked it better cut with spring water myself. Of course that takes more tedious measuring.

I'm the same way, prefer it with water over EC (and I always do cut it with water.)  But I don't even buy regular EC anymore - if I want it I just cut ECBP down to 94 proof.  

Edited by dcbt

52 minutes ago, amg said:

Howdy, amg,

Your comment reminded me of a blast from the past.     https://whiskeylately.com/bourbon/elijah-craig-12-blend/

He goes at the EC12 vs. water choices a bit systematically.  

Salud.

M-H

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.