What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Feeling a bit under the weather, so a into some Eagle rare goes the juice of a lemon and some simple syrup.

Love the sour!, Need that vitamin C boost every now and then.

B

The Parkers' I've found are 124.2 proof.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Curtisc84 viewpost-right.png

Pouring the newly found PHC Wheater. Its more amazing than I remembered.

Nice one! What ABV/Proof is your bottle?

The night's first spirit, after some chardonnay and port with dinner, is HH White BIB.

Ezra B 12 yr 1B is up next.

In celebration of the NCAA tournement "play in" games I'm pitting JTSBrown against Calvert Canadian. Likely either will get clobbered by No 1 ranked OWA (pre NAS) (never had pappy yet), but I'm finding in past few months I'm liking the bite of rye more than wheat, and much more than the light effect of Calvert. JTS Brown 79, Calvert 62 (64 given the current exchange rate).

Four roses SB 100proof. Too light for my tastes. I hope the barrel proof is more up to my standards.

We spent about a month 5 miles from the Mexican border in AZ. The nearest town (this side of the border) was 35 miles away. Made the trip twice for supplies--including bourbon. Not much selection but they did have BT with which I have a passing acquaintance. After two bottles we were more like long-lost friends. So then I bought a handle. I attribute some of BT's finer attributes to the influence on my palate of the AZ sun. Even back in cloudy Ohio, though, it is still tasting like mighty nice bourbon.

but I'm finding in past few months I'm liking the bite of rye more than wheat

With the tournament it's all about who's hot at the right time. Maybe OWA gets knocked off by a Cinderella in the 2nd round.

Four roses SB 100proof. Too light for my tastes. I hope the barrel proof is more up to my standards.

If you picked up either of the current gift shop barrels, both are superb. I was there last weekend and picked them up for research purposes since we are getting ready for a private barrel selection.

Wryguy and I are knocking back a few pours emuvyna9.jpg

Well then, certainly some fine bourbon-drinking right there! I will sip on my pour of OFBB '12. Cheers! :toast:

I'm having a themed night. Started with some 1783, moved to ER17 (2012), and will finish with JPS17. It's a prime evening.

Had some KC at the local watering hole - always cringe when the price of about 4 drinks would buy a bottle

Well, I gave up bourbon for Lent but decided to have a one day reprieve since it's my birthday. And I figured what better way to celebrate a birthday than with a couple pours of 2010 Old Forester Birthday Bourbon--may be a bit of a cliche but who cares!

Started off with a vatting of Vintage 17 and Bernheim Wheat (2:1). Moved on to ERSB. What to do next ...

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!