What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My wife bought one of those Scentsy things awhile back. She wanted to change out the scent stuff today, and realized that we have a flavor called "Bourbon". I KNOW! Right?!?! In other news, I'm gonna start with a Jefferson Reserve and watch The Walking Dead

Drinking some EWSB2003 at the moment watching the Penguin game. Not sure what's next. Probably Ritt BIB. Lets Go Pens!

Watching the snow pile up once again and enjoying some AA BIB and now on to some CEHT SB.

I started earlier tonight by revisiting a couple which I'm not fond of, hoping they had improved. NOT!!

Bulleit and Old Bardstown Estate 101 get moved to the back of the cabinet.

H McKenna 10yr BIB and Ezra B 12 yr 1B are both tasting mighty good for numbers 3 & 4.

WLW11. getting down to a third of the bottle left, and man is this stuff sweet. getting tons of butterscotch, and staying on my tongue forever. its like when you get a burp of whatever food you ate a while ago, and it reminds you of that, except, well this is pleasant

Some Bonded OF after blowing yet more snow out of the driveway. Winter just needs to go far, far away ... :hot:

WLW11.

its like when you get a burp of whatever food you ate a while ago, and it reminds you of that, except, well this is pleasant

I'm glad I didn't have a drink in my throat when I read this, or I would have blown whiskey on my computer screen!

I left Heaven Hill and went to my vatted 4R barrel strength 1Bs: 50/50 OBSV 17yr and OESK 11 yr with filtered water added

to make 107 pf. Tastes like peach crumble on oak toasted rye bread. Incredible!

Edited by black mamba

Starting off with some SB Blend, 3:1 ratio.

Not sure if I'll go with ORVW 10/107 after (good mood) or Bulleit ('bleh' mood).

Beam Bonded. Nice drop whilst worrying about where I can get OGD 114 now that the only place in Australia appears to have sold out. Might have to order from an overseas source.

A Wild Turkey 12 yr split label to ward off the cold and wind. This weather just plain sucks. But, this whiskey is marvelous, and quickly taking the chill off! :yum:

It's been snowing all day, and it appears our home heating has decided to retire. I too will be heating from the inside out. I think I'll start with HH BIB 6yr.

A Wild Turkey 12 yr split label to ward off the cold and wind. This weather just plain sucks. But, this whiskey is marvelous, and quickly taking the chill off! :yum:
Had to ingest some antifreeze myself, choose Old Grand Dad.

Even by Chicago standards...it really does suck. All work and no bourbon the last few nights...but hopefully a victorious :grin: (or just glad its over :frown:) pour as soon as tomorrow.

Among other things, some RR 10/90. decent enough but the best descriptor I can come up with is "unremarkable." I did vat it 1:1 with some Rare Breed and I think the result was an improvement on both pours.

Had a Jeffersons Reserve. Next was the last of my Jeffersons Presidential Select 18

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!