What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Old Charter 101 with Ginger Ale and ice. Will test it as Mint Julep tomorrow!

Rotating thru a few today, EC Barrel Proof, EC 18yo, 4R1B 2013 LE now the standard 4R1B.

FRSmB on a beautiful Michigan evening other than my neighbor cutting his lawn

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

FR SB Generic on Nat'l Bourbon Day. Seemed like the right thing to do.

O.D.

Yet more WT8 and WT12 CGF on a beautifully cool summer evening out on the deck.

Started with some Old Grand Dad and may end with it as well.

What is your OGD of choice? 114 or BIB or ?

Kicking off National Bourbon Day by joining Squire with a splash of VOB BIB in my coffee. Not bad!

Brian -

I am so happy that is now in Indiana. I bought my original bottle in KY based on your recommendation! I should thank you, my friend! I love it.

Mike

Weller 12. I decided to empty a bottle. I guess it had a little more in it than I thought. Oh well! :lol:

Heaven Hill BIB 6 yr. I opened up the fridge looking for this, and was saddened to see none there. Nice planning, Joey...:rolleyes: so dug one out of the bunker, and this pour is not the usual chilled. Well, I have been rewarded for my lack of attention, by seeing that the glorious thick, syrupy, viscosity of this whiskey is not simply a function of it being chilled. No sir, that thick magic is present at Georgia garage temp...What a truly GREAT low cost bourbon. Another indication that Heaven Hill loves us...even though we must work to find it.

Heaven Hill BIB 6 yr. I opened up the fridge looking for this, and was saddened to see none there. Nice planning, Joey...:rolleyes: so dug one out of the bunker, and this pour is not the usual chilled. Well, I have been rewarded for my lack of attention, by seeing that the glorious thick, syrupy, viscosity of this whiskey is not simply a function of it being chilled. No sir, that thick magic is present at Georgia garage temp...What a truly GREAT low cost bourbon. Another indication that Heaven Hill loves us...even though we must work to find it.

There was Beetle Juice but HH 6-Yr BIB chilled is beautiful juice.

Despite almost 4,500 posts and years testing and tasting, it's awesome to see even a veteran bourbon aficionado still learning. A lesson to us all.

Heaven Hill BIB 6 yr... Georgia garage temp

Is that stuff anywhere in GA? I always keep an eye out for it but never see, have had some shopkeepers tell me its unavailable, but they told me the same about EwBiB and somehow Tower manages to have it on the shelf.

Is that stuff anywhere in GA? I always keep an eye out for it but never see, have had some shopkeepers tell me its unavailable, but they told me the same about EwBiB and somehow Tower manages to have it on the shelf.

It's not available in GA. I always get mine on trips to KY, but not sure if that's the only state that it's released in.

Despite almost 4,500 posts and years testing and tasting, it's awesome to see even a veteran bourbon aficionado still learning. A lesson to us all.

Thanks, OD. The constant learning is one of the big reasons that make this hobby so cool.

:toast:

I'm figuring that out, as I had decided I was a dedicated wheater guy early, but lately have come around to the cult of Four Roses. Really it depends on my mood and palate. As you say a great hobby!

Opened a OFBB 2010 Edition to go with my Aging Room F55 Cigar.

On a side note, the weather around the ATL is much better this evening.

Edited by petrel800

Brian -

I am so happy that is now in Indiana. I bought my original bottle in KY based on your recommendation! I should thank you, my friend! I love it.

Mike

Yup. That stuff is love, and I'm happy to share the love!

Sipping on OGD114 on National Bourbon Day & thinking about my grandfather. He was 101 & lived a full eventful life and saw more in his time on earth than I could imagine - he was a great man & I miss him dearly.

Great night catching up with an old friend. Started with some craft beer then worked through a 25 year Armagnac, Bruichladdich 2006 Bere Barley, Balcones Texas Single Malt, FRSmB LE 2012, PHC 2012 batch 1, and ECBP.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!