What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Is that stuff anywhere in GA? I always keep an eye out for it but never see, have had some shopkeepers tell me its unavailable, but they told me the same about EwBiB and somehow Tower manages to have it on the shelf.
According to Bernie Lubbers in this podcast, it's only available in KY and IN.

I loves me some wheater with steak and eggs in the morning, usually a Sunday morning treat but a Saturday on the fly will work. Some WLW'12, hell yea!

Some Barton on the rocks with lunch.

Barton for breakfast and lunch. OGD for dinner or are you saving that for Father's Day? You don't seem the sort to open a Pappy for Father's Day/

Barton during the day, Grand Dad after 5:00, established standards must be maintained.

As it's nearly 5 o'clock, I'm having a glass of my JW Blend, 50/50 4RYL and OGDBIB.

Barton during the day, Grand Dad after 5:00, established standards must be maintained.

Is that what they call a balanced diet?

Mowed lawn in heat of day, followed quickly by Bowman TPS on ice, have to admit...growing on me.

As William Faulkner famously said, "There's a lot of nourishment in a bushel of corn."

Mrssmokinjoe and Littlesmokinjoe are taking me out for a Father's Day dinner. A local store selected Four Roses Single Barrel is a perfect start to this evening. I ain't driving, so I got dibs on the back seat (AKA "The Daddy Lounge") on the way to the restaurant. Not sure what will be in the glass for the trip...

Barton for breakfast and lunch. OGD for dinner or are you saving that for Father's Day? You don't seem the sort to open a Pappy for Father's Day/

Yeah I would expect squire to pass up pappy and head straight for Old Grand Pappy!:lol:

Mrssmokinjoe and Littlesmokinjoe are taking me out for a Father's Day dinner. A local store selected Four Roses Single Barrel is a perfect start to this evening. I ain't driving, so I got dibs on the back seat (AKA "The Daddy Lounge") on the way to the restaurant. Not sure what will be in the glass for the trip...

Does it matter? As long as you have a smile on your face and a warm glowing feeling!

A nice three finger bourbon glass of VOB BIB followed by another three finger or so glass of Woodford (finished the bottle)...will probably finish the night with a nice taste of VOB BIB again... Just relaxing with family and a some extended family.

2005 OWA 7 yr 107 proof

Me, too. Had the kids over to grill steaks for Father's Day (a day early so their kids can do them tomorrow). OWA goes mighty fine with steak. So does AAA, VOB, and....

Me, too. Had the kids over to grill steaks for Father's Day (a day early so their kids can do them tomorrow). OWA goes mighty fine with steak. So does AAA, VOB, and....

Sounds like a fun time in Glass City tonight! I hope you enjoyed!

WT Tradition and WTKS shared with my father tonight as a preliminary tasting before tomorrow when I will gift him a WTAS for Father's Day.I hope he will enjoy it as much as I have.:grin:

As you might guess, Bruins/Hawks hockey is on at the Kalessin residence. My parents are due in later to stay over before heading to my inlaws' house tomorrow for Father's Day.

RR Single Barrel has been tasting too hot and heavy on the alcohol to me (at 110 proof, no suprise there), so I tried it with two cubes of ice. Fantastic! Go Bruins!!!

A new bottle of FR Single Barrel from Schneider's in DC. He gets a special bottling of 9 year old Single Barrel, and I've not had one that I haven't loved. They've all been somewhat different, but lovely.

Caramel, cherries, black pepper, cinnamon, banana (on the palate, not the nose)

A healthy pour of an SB blend while watching my Padres go after a 5th straight win.

4RSBLE 2013. This thing is yummy. I was afraid I wouldn't like it as much as the SmBLE2012 but its very good. Don't want to make a direct comparison yet until I have spent more time with this bottle.

Went to a theater that serves food/drinks so I was slave to their 'selection': Had Woodford Reserve followed by a Macallan 12yr.

The bourbon choices were Weak (yes, with a capital "W").... WR, Maker's, Beam White. With JD and Gentleman Jack rounding out the other American whiskey. Pretty sure the only other Scotch was Chivas. Bleh.

Yeah I would expect squire to pass up pappy and head straight for Old Grand Pappy!

Enjoying a pour of EW BIB; definitely reminds me more of my EW 1783 10 yr than current EW. Nice and crisp, more mint than vanilla.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!