What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

We have a different breed of bunny here, ours drop off Barton.

Did the tooth fairy give you minis of OGB when you were a kid?

Today was good found some 2006 Old Forester Birthday Bourbon for 39 bucks, 2 bottles of Old Weller 7yr 90, and $30 for a 1.75 of Old Fitz bib to use for my special blend.

The wife told me to go hunt bourbon for a few hours so she could clean the house. Came back with:

JPS18

Baby Saz

OWA

Fighting Cock

First time trying the FC, great bargain at $14.

Picked up a WLW on Friday thanks to a fellow GBS member! Plus signed on for a few bottles of an ETL private barrel. Thanks a ton! Today, picked up an EW BIB and two pre-fire HH J.W. Dant BIB. Never had it, so I figured I would give it a go!

Met up with Aaron today at the South Loop Binny's for some on tap 2010 Goose Island Bourbon County Stout and walked out with a current vintage 2012 OGD 114 too.

Finally picked up a bottle of RRSB. Pretty good when compared to the other current offerings by WT. But what isn't good in comparison.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

BMH

Willett 4 yr rye

Michters sour mash

Larceny

Weller 12 yr

ER17

PVW15

Visiting Atlanta this weekend...nice to sample the local selection...the PVW was a very pleasant surprise from the family that they'd been holding onto for me

Willet 8yr

Not sure how often they release, but man i am glad i got this. Loving it.

Yesterday I was happy to pick up some Fighting Cock 103, and Old Forester 100. It was a nice day for a drive. :grin:

Was this near DC? I've never seen one in all the VA ABCs I've been in.

It was northwest of DC, somewhere in the Reston, VA area. There was even a Bowman rye sitting in Warrenton, VA, but they were holding it for someone. It's still out there. Just hunt. :)

Met up with Aaron today at the South Loop Binny's for some on tap 2010 Goose Island Bourbon County Stout and walked out with a current vintage 2012 OGD 114 too.

The tap rooms in some of the binnys make for a scary combination, a couple of beers and I begin loosening my inhibitions for buying everything!

The tap rooms in some of the binnys make for a scary combination, a couple of beers and I begin loosening my inhibitions for buying everything!

true story. this happens to me too.

We have no Binnys here. Just Total Wine and Spirits.

I imagine that happens there too sometimes.

Found a bottle of "Vintage Bourbon" 17 today in Louisville. Covered in dust on a high shelf, just like you dream about.

FRSBLE '12 and a private selection BT Single Barrel. Good day and sunshine to boot!

I bought a bottle of Buck KSBW, 8 years/90 proof, 'cause it was on clearance for cheap. Anyone had any of this?

I believe it's bulk HH stuff but I can always use an 8yr Straight that's cheap.

Just bought 3 bottles of PHC2012. One to drink, one to bunker and one to trade. Really want to try PHC 2010 - 10 yr wheated. ;)

Also bought to WLW12, hopefully I would like it as a close to lotB as many had stated. I tried OWA and really didn't like it at all.

Cheers,

Hugh

Hugh,

Leave the OWA alone for a month or two and then go back to try it again. I'm betting it will be more to your liking. If not send it to me ;)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!