What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hope it goes better than last week when I picked up the EC BP. Not my favorite.
(Or maybe it was the EC BP that destroyed my palate!).

I hope you're adding water to that one... Helps a lot.

My first impression: it blows the WTRRSBSB outta the water, no question. I'll have have to wait and see how the WT opens up (or, perhaps, how I open up to it..).

I'm waiting (and hoping) patiently for the opportunity to try this one. I'm really looking forward to it.

Recently my local spirit monger put out a case of OWA 107 @ 15.99/750mL. Today, I bought the remaining 6 bottles ... after the purchase,I suggested he may want to check his pricing ... heard a loud "Oh $H!T" as I exited ...

Been on a Tennessee whiskey kick lately, so I grabbed a few more bottles of Dickel No. 12 and Jailers Premium. These two are a really nice change of pace from the heavier stuff I drank all winter.

Now that Spring has finally arrived I think I'll go pick out a mixing Bourbon.
Anything in particular that you have in mind?

#13 actually reminds me a lot of OGD BiB.

I meant Dickel 12, not 13 in that post.

It's actually a bit more flavorful than OGD BiB.

Today I went for the most common bottom shelf bourbon there is.

Just had a pour. It's not bad, not great, but drinkable, and would be very good in coke or sprite.

Evan Williams. $12.00

The liter price here for EWB is 11.29 but I have yet to try any. If it is any good at all that would seem to be the deal of the decade.

The liter price here for EWB is 11.29 but I have yet to try any. If it is any good at all that would seem to be the deal of the decade.

It's really not bad at all. Very smooth and easy to drink.

It is good and it's a great deal.

I agree.

In Philly through the weekend for a conference so I picked up a bottle of FR SB on sale for $35 to keep me company at the hotel.

Found a single barrel selected for a liquor store of Old Weller 90. grabbed a OWA and found some dusties I put in the dusty thread. Super happy to find an VSOF 12 for 30 bucks instead of 45.

Picked up two EWSB 2003, an 84 proof MM (for my brother), Woodstone Creek Bourbon, and a bottle of Jamison since my last was wiped out during St. Pattys day celebrations.

Picked up a bottle of Corsair Triple Smoke based on a recommendation from SB and another bottle of John J Bowman.

My first order in a while shipped out yesterday. Picked up

ECBP

EC12 private barrel

Eagle Rare Private Barrel

RRSB

Larceny

3x Weller 12's

In Philly through the weekend for a conference so I picked up a bottle of FR SB on sale for $35 to keep me company at the hotel.

I hope Philly is treating you decently. There's a bar named Time in walking distance from the convention center (13th and Sansom) that has a nice whiskey selection. When you walk in, it's the bar to the right.

I went by the local store to get some boxes for the move on monday. I picked up 2x OWA and a Ritt BIB to thank them for their trouble.

OK, always on the prowl for something new, so I thought I'd try the Kirkland brand bourbon. At $20 a liter it's a good deal. Tried some straight last night and very drinkable. More informal testing this weekend.

I hope Philly is treating you decently. There's a bar named Time in walking distance from the convention center (13th and Sansom) that has a nice whiskey selection. When you walk in, it's the bar to the right.

Thanks for the recommendation! Thats not too far from my hotel so I'll probably check it out this weekend.

OK, always on the prowl for something new, so I thought I'd try the Kirkland brand bourbon. At $20 a liter it's a good deal. Tried some straight last night and very drinkable. More informal testing this weekend.

I have been trying the Kirkland bourbon for a few months now. I think it is really good for the price.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!