What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

had some Charter 101 last night while watching the storms roll in from the porch. while i really enjoyed this at first, last night did nothing for me. maybe its the cold im almost over, but the bourbon really seemed to fall apart last night. the bottles down to the bottom 1/5 too though....

FC103 is taking the lead in the battle between the two

I've moved onto some W12. It's going down too easy today. Good thing I do t have to work tomorrow.

Started off with Four Roses Yellow Label in some lemonade then moved to Maker's in an Old Fashioned. Should have gone with something spicier for the Old Fashioned.

Best regards, Tony

Just poured some MM down the drain. Tried to doctor it. No joy. Moving on.

i dislike MM also. I can't tolerate it neat, with water, with ice, or even in cocktails.

Moved on to other various FRSB's, now having some VOB BIB. Thinking I need to get some more of the Barton BIB.

After a long day of hanging out in the French Quarter with the family, I'm enjoying a pour or two (or three) of ETL

Shared some pours of WT 8yr and some PVW23 to close things out for the day from a more than gracious non-member,though I'm sure that will soon change.

Going to be drinking a whole bottle of Stagg Jr and likely an OGD114 tonight with friends.

I'm still not sure about Stagg Jr, it's been too hot, harsh, thin and too young, at least for me only.

I like Red Breast. Bet that goes well with Blantons.

It was a good pairing. This was the standard 12. I've got a cask strength in the bunker I will have to break open soon.

Revisiting an oldie but goodie: EC-12, actually make that EC-15 GBS style.

Nice pour with a cube of ice.....ahhhhhhhh.......bourbon goodnessssss

Back to OWA. Incredible value.

Agreed, and has been one of the most consistent pours the last few bottles I've had.

Back to OWA. Incredible value.

I agree.

Drinking some 4R and thinking about cracking open a bottle of Blanton's or maybe some Booker's...

Been a while since I've been on, so over the last several weeks I've had some WT101, Blanton's, GTS '12 and AAA10. I also "Spiked" my chili with some VOB BiB...gives it a nice sweetness.

Barbecued burgers in the late summer heat here in WA. Had a nice old vine Zinfandel with the meal. Sitting back now with an Aroma de Cuba mi Amor Reserva and a glass of Big Bottom Zinfandel Cask Finished Bourbon. Another small producer doing it right. Glasses up!

Barbecued burgers in the late summer heat here in WA. Had a nice old vine Zinfandel with the meal. Sitting back now with an Aroma de Cuba mi Amor Reserva and a glass of Big Bottom Zinfandel Cask Finished Bourbon. Another small producer doing it right. Glasses up!

I enjoyed that Big Bottom Zinfandel Finished, the time I had it. I believe it 's LDI whiskey that they used? Do you know how long in the Zinfandel barrels?

ER 10/101 to finish off a day spent in the library finishing up Statistics and Accounting homework.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!