What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Enjoying my weekend finds in my travels.

Last night - ECBP 137. Seems different from the spring 134.2. Need to get both of these out this coming weekend and do some side by side.

FR 2012 LE SiB. Cracked a bottle open tonight. Recently bought a private selection OESQ from the distillery gift shop and loved it. Was intrigued by the 2012 LE OESK. Surprised at the difference the yeast makes, but, hey, I will admit my taste buds aren't always consistent. Hmmmmm, another side by side comparison to do this weekend. ;-)

Consumed 2/3rds of a bottle of PHC 6th batch 2 with a friend throughout the day watching football... contributed to some of the best (and most "expensive") old fashioned's I have ever made.

Made my first batch SB blend today and drank it tonight. Did the standard 50/50. I'm going to put head to head against its components and see what I prefer.

People think making old-fashioneds with expensive bourbon is a waste, but I tend to disagree. The huge proof keeps things from being too cloying, which is how I feel most OFs turn out.

I kept saying this to a friend who pooh-poohs the idea of drinking any quality bourbon anyway but neat then I handed him a brown-sugar OF made with ECBP and he changed his opinion right quick.

KC SB tonight. My wife says it sure beats Fighting Cock. I said, "By now you should have gotten over fighting cock."

submit......submit

KC SB tonight. My wife says it sure beats Fighting Cock. I said, "By now you should have gotten over fighting cock."

Sooooooo many things I can do with this.

A double pour of KCSB here as well tonight. A stellar drink! I'll stay out of the "Fighting Cock" bugaboo...at least for now.:slappin:

VOB BIB. Still can't believe a bourbon that costs $14 (before tax) tastes this good.

You have to pay that much for Barton? Oh well, burdens to bear and all that.

The dog and me are out in the garage listening to the Braves on the radio. She's got a bowl full of ice cubes and water, and I got a HH BIB 6yr pulled from the beer fridge. We're both very happy with our choices, but I know I'm happier...no, not for the whiskey (though, it's great) but for the fact that The Boss threw the punks out of the sandbox, so I can play in it, once again. I raise my glass Westward tonight, to thank and honor Jim Butler! As y'all are sippin' your favorite bourbons tonight, I hope you'll join me in doing the same! Thanks again Boss, for all you tirelessly do, and from which we all get to benefit from. :toast:

McKenna SB while one of the dogs chews a Nylabone to pieces. Only 2 or 3 more days of this heat and then a glimpse of Fall weather.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!