What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

And then some :) Love that this whiskey has it all - nutty sweetness, a solid balance of wood, leather, subtle spices, pleasantly warm without being hot . . . and a bit of water after each sip brings out something new. One of my top 10 favs for sure!

Me three. Was lucky enough to stumble onto a couple more bottles at a TWaM in Washington today. It is the 4th batch which I have not tried yet. More for the bunker!

Edited by NWBourbonDrinker

Having a splash of Four Roses Single Barrel 2013 to celebrate the birth of my baby daughter, our first child! If it had been a boy, I would have had a pour of George T. Stagg. ;)

Congrats! The little ones are a wonder. Ours are driving us crazy tonight but love em anyway!

Following up with a WFE 6 Year Bourbon. Intend to end the night with a pour of ECBP #1. Tis a Barrel Proof night here.

A little splash of William Larue Well 134.8 neat to celebrate the UM victory over ND. The second under the lights was a great game. Too bad ND chickened out for more.

Go Blue!

Having a splash of Four Roses Single Barrel 2013 to celebrate the birth of my baby daughter, our first child! If it had been a boy, I would have had a pour of George T. Stagg. ;)

Congratulations!!

1789b ETL, W12 2007 Vintage, and WTRR SB were all poured last night...the WTRR got better as the bottle aired out but it's still not as good as the WTRR 10/101 or WTRB from a few years ago. The ETL was the sweetest and most drinkable of the night...I wish BT would have kept bottling that one at 107! :)

Been a few straight nights of ECBP 134.2. This whiskey is truly incredible, so layered and thick with flavor and each new sip leads to a new discovery. Cut to about 114 is where I'm liking it most, though this whiskey is really versatile. Made a killer old-fashioned.

Congrats MMB! That's so cool - here's to a healthy recovery for mom & a blessed life together!

Vintage 17 neat. The nose is straight up fresh apple strudel and the taste is warm wheat bread with a smear of apple butter. Perfect after a grilled steak dinner.

My own version of Forgiven but with better bourbon and rye. 70% OGD 114 and 30% Ritt BIB. Pretty solid!

Wow - that does sound good! Making a note to try this blend!

cheap basics........HH BIB gold

mbroo reminds me i need to restock on OGD 114.......been out for weeks. i had a hankering for some BIB's lately, so i got several lately. nice, but they lack the punch/bite i like of the higher proofers

Four Roses Small Batch

Chris, this is a favorite. A solid introduction to the Four Roses profile. Please visit the new to SB thread and introduce yourself. Welcome to the site and cheers!

Wow - that does sound good! Making a note to try this blend!

This is one of the few blends other than the SB blend that I have tried. I have some WT101 and thought about using it but thought that a higher rye bourbon like OGD would be good. Plus I liked the proof kick. I liked it.

cheap basics........HH BIB gold

mbroo reminds me i need to restock on OGD 114.......been out for weeks. i had a hankering for some BIB's lately, so i got several lately. nice, but they lack the punch/bite i like of the higher proofers

I have had an open bottle of OGD for awhile (since early summer and revisited it recently). It is a great pour. Very underrated! As you have said before, so smooth for the higher proof.

Finishing up a nice weekend with a pour of Maker's, while listening to Giants and Cowboys on the radio. I know it ain't chic, but I just continue to like this whiskey.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!