What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The last drops of an OGD 114. Will have to get a replacement.

When I picked up some beer earlier I saw OGD114 on sale for $18. Should have picked one up at that price but I already have a few backups (that I paid $20 for.)

Edited by smknjoe

When I picked up some beer earlier I saw OGD114 on sale for $18. Should have picked one up at that price but I already have a few backups (that I paid $20 for.)

$18! :shocked: It is like $23 in the Indy area. I am drinking my version of Forgiven but with better bourbon and better rye - 70% OGD 114 and 30% Ritt BIB.

Finishing a bottle of Baker's tonight. I do like Booker's and Baker's, though some days that characteristic Beam taste just isn't appealing. Booker's last night was just ok, and Baker's tonight is the same. I usually get a lot of vanilla from Baker's, but not tonight. More than any other product, I find that there isn't much middle ground for Beam products. Either really hits the spot or misses by a mile.

Having a simple pour of BMH NAS. I know it gets a lot of hate and is not cheap but I enjoy the pour. Certainly not a "status" thing around here but simply a pour I can enjoy. Vive la difference!

Started the night with PHC Wheater, but after the epic battle to get 3 small children to sleep, I'm knocking down OWA like it's water.

I used to be fond of Baker's in a snifter. It's been a few years since I have done that, but if I am in a bar and there isn't much choice, that's probably the bourbon I would choose because Beam is everywhere.

Hidden

The Larceny is awfully lonely since I have been able to find Weller SR and 12 consistently. The Larceny is just waiting for someone to order a bourbon and coke at my house.

Moved to a little High West Double Rye. I can definitely taste the young 'un in this, it is still a very interesting and enjoyable pour.

WTRR 10yr101. Just, freakin' great whiskey. Not a whole lotta love around for this House these days, but this gorgeous whiskey, of not too long ago, should tell us that what once was...can, should, and will, be again. Yes, I Believe.

Couple of double pours of KCSB tonight. I'm still trying to find something wrong with this bottle and sadly...I guess I'll just have to keep on trying. :grin:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!