What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My first bottle of OFBB. Almost passed because I don't like the shape of the bottle and how much bar space it will take up but I put with the WPS for a week so I'll tough it out.

I got bottles of BT and BT Bourbon Cream at the Buffalo Trace distillery yesterday after I participated in the Hard Hat tour with Fred and some of the other distinguished gentlemen of SB. It was a pleasure meeting everyone. Fred did one helluva job leading us around the distillery. I had a blast. I also picked up one more bottle each of 2013 OFBB and 2013 FR LE Small Batch today along with some Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale and one four pack of Kentucky Pumpkin Barrel Ale. I had to try it - my curiosity got the better of me.

i probably wouldve broken my $50 rule today, if Willetts gift shop had the 8 year/120 proof they gave me a sample of today on the tour.

Hidden

For no apparent reason I opened a WT American Spirit, love the flavor, love the nose, just seems a bit thin to me? Still a fantastic pour overall!!

I actually ran into a bottle of 2012 GTS just sitting on a shelf. Found it in the same place I ran into 2012 GTS x1, WLWx2, and a THHx1 earlier this year in January. I feel like I should buy a lotto ticket. I was in the same store a couple months back and it wasn't there then. I'm still only about halfway through the GTS I bought back then, but dang I couldn't pass it up since the price hadn't been jacked up ($69.99). The guy who does all their whisky ordering wasn't in (owner) so I didn't ask about it. I just grabbed, paid, and ran.

~S

Not purchased but I received as a gift today, WT Forgiven signed for me by Jimmy Russel, a personalized signed Willet FE 11yr Bourbon (Toddy's selection) and HH 6 BiB. Pretty sweet gifts!

I picked up 2 Booker's in Bardstown. I think 7.2 and 7.5. All the batches here in Charleston are 6.0 or damn close to it.

i probably wouldve broken my $50 rule today, if Willetts gift shop had the 8 year/120 proof they gave me a sample of today on the tour.

You can cuss me out. I purchased an 8 year bottle from Willett's gift shop late Wednesday afternoon. I'm guessing that if it wasn't the last one, it must have been close.

as for you Bookers purchasers.........I thought most of you guys didnt like Bookers!

I'd be fibbing if I said it was my favorite, but I've always liked it. I like it better than CEHT Barrel Proof, which was half-again the price (but not better than GTS or WLW). Though there are many on here who aren't fans - but if we all liked the same thing, hell - they'd never have enough of it in stock :D

Picked up a Bookers - 7 yrs, 11 months for under $50 . . . just felt like it was calling my name :)

Gary, I think I know where you got that: $45? They also are selling Baker's for $35. Damn good pricing. They also have FRSB-private barrel for $29.99. Helluva deal.

2013 OFBB. Taking my first pour. This is a big bourbon. Lots of stuff going on here. Gonna have to mull this one over a while.

u4y4ynyh.jpg

im probably the only one here who would take the PHC (just to try it), and willingly leave the others where they sat

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!