What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've been looking at the back of every EWSB13 I see, but no luck so far.

I tried the mistake bottle and a current bottle, and to be honest I couldn't tell much of a difference. If you're in the market for a bottle of EWSB it's a cool one to have, but I don't think I'll be going back to get the rest.

final442............does your name imply the car?

No, it is a college basketball reference for the Final 4 and 42 for the # of my favorite player on Uconn when they beat Duke for the championship in 1999.

I picked up a store selected Buffalo Trace single barrel yesterday. It is definitely a step up from the standard BT but very much in the same profile. Biggest difference was a bigger, thicker mouthfeel.

I picked up a store selected Buffalo Trace single barrel yesterday. It is definitely a step up from the standard BT but very much in the same profile. Biggest difference was a bigger, thicker mouthfeel.

EH Taylor Small Batch.

small batch, big price.

i meant if BT was itself available as 100 proof, not one of their hyped lines at 100 proof

Re-load of 4 HH BIB 6 yr., Family sized Barton BIB, and a coupla 4R SmB LE's for today.

small batch, big price.

i meant if BT was itself available as 100 proof, not one of their hyped lines at 100 proof

Small batch is a marketing term. It's 100 proof and $40 - while not cheap, it does fall within your limit and is right in line with what the hypothetical BT BIB would cost.

ya know, a BT BIB would sure be a welcome addition.......or just BT at 100 proof.

id buy it

Try some Stagg Jr. It's basically a BP BT and at ~$46 it's not a bad price.

Ok, credit card is smoking...think i'm done for weekend....

4R SB Private Selection

Bastille (on sale, don't judge...i've never tried)

OFBB '13

Stagg Jr.

Willet 11yr

W12

4R LEsB '13 x2

PHC 7th

now...won't say no to any others tomorrow...but not exactly looking.

Sitting in Atlanta . . . didn't pick up sh!t. But reading this thread . . . thinking about the gazebo . . . sniff, sniff . . . its like a kid at Christmas watching everyone else open present :lol: Glad everyone's doing so well out there! Couldn't happen to a better bunch of guys and gals :toast:

Sitting in Atlanta . . . didn't pick up sh!t. But reading this thread . . . thinking about the gazebo . . . sniff, sniff . . . its like a kid at Christmas watching everyone else open present :lol: Glad everyone's doing so well out there! Couldn't happen to a better bunch of guys and gals :toast:

Picked up a bottle of Kentucky Vintage from everyone's favorite NDP DSP-KY-78. This particular bottle was distilled in in June of 96 and bottled in June of 2005. I haven't cracked it open yet and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it?

OWA. I like the WSR and W12. I always thought the OWA was too much burn on the finish (and for too long), but people said they didn't get that. So I bought a bottle. I was right - too much of a lingering burn, even when water added.

I mingled 50/50 OWA and W12 - still tasted that burn. Hmmm, maybe it's my taste buds today.

I then poured some FR OBSF private selection, Jul 2013, from the gift shop. MMMMMMMMMM. No, my taste buds are just fine. :-)

Very Old Scout 19 year. For $74, I figured it's worth a shot. Won't open for awhile, but excited to do so at some point in the near future.

If it makes you feel worse...i was attending cocktail event at the GN, watching folks staying there (who i can only assume are SB'ers unloading cars full of purchases. At the least i was able to point out to my wife i had been totally reasonable.

But if you're in Bardstown, you have a chance to experience the wonderment that IS the gazebo at the GN! I'd honestly give up a couple months of purchases for a couple nights out there with the gang :)

Very Old Scout 19 year. For $74, I figured it's worth a shot. Won't open for awhile, but excited to do so at some point in the near future.

I have no idea what the market value is for that, but I'd pay that price, too, to try it out. Later down the road, when you crack it open, let us know what you think.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!