What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi Joe,

Please let us know what barrel it is and how you like it? Feel free to add that comment on the EC21 thread.

Thanks

Hugh

Sure Hugh. I'll post there. Haven't tasted it yet, but it's from Lucky Barrel # 13!! :falling:

Bought a Rittenhouse Rye, first rye for me, but its been well reviewed by you folks. Would have bought a baby saz also but they were temporarily out of stock.

Found a New Holland Beer Barrel Bourbon in the dump out bin for 20 bucks decided if was worth a try from all the reviews on here at that price. I had been eyeballing it for a long time but 35-40 was just a non starter.

the KCSB is far better than the EWSB to me, but it is not fair to compare 120 proof to....what is ewsb.....86.6? I think EW BIB is better than EWSB, but i just generally dont like sub 100 proofers.

I know your preferences, but the '13 EWSB is a very solid 90-92 "neat" pour in my book. Can you go wrong for $24-$26?

No, you can't go wrong.

Doug, I love high proof whiskies. I rarely pour water in anything. I never use ice. I understand your sentiment but you're missing out on a lot of great stuff. EWSB is a great value IMO. Not everything needs to be hardass whiskey.

That's how I feel about it as well. It doesn't always have to be high proof to be good. There's a lot of fun in experiencing the tastes instead of just the numbing sensation of the high proof...at least for me:)

A 1792 Ridgemont Reserve, so I can participate in the current Bourbon Of The Month. It's not usually available at my local liquor stores, so when I saw a single bottle sitting on the shelf of a small independent, it seemed kismet.

Got the FRLESmB 2013. The season tis upon us.

Edit: deleted superfluous "SB" ... forgot that Four Roses is not Wild Turkey

Edited by bingstein

Got the FRLESmB 2013. The season tis upon us.

Edit: deleted superfluous "SB" ... forgot that Four Roses is not Wild Turkey

What already! You are the first. :)

What already! You are the first. :)

Apparently it hit shelves at one store last night and the rest got them today (I saw someone post a picture of one he got in Lexington last night, so he was the first). I was able to get 2 total at 2 different stores.

No, you can't go wrong.

Doug, I love high proof whiskies. I rarely pour water in anything. I never use ice. I understand your sentiment but you're missing out on a lot of great stuff. EWSB is a great value IMO. Not everything needs to be hardass whiskey.

i have tried last years EWSB several times. I had it at a HH tour, and then gave a bottle of it to a friend, and later had some of his. I did not think much of it.

while i know that in general it seems like i might be missing out on a lot of stuff by only buying 100+ proofers....i started outwith the low proofers and tried quite a bit of them, and never found a single one that i liked. a good chunk of 100+ and BIB stuff though, i enjoy, and there is plenty of stuff there to keep me occupied. so, with that history, and the fact that i generally only allow myself to buy one bottle of bourbon a month, i choose to just stay in the range i have found i like.

Picked up some FRSmB LE 2013 today.

Stopped in a few places around Louisville and didn't see any..anyone else aroun here get lucky?

Found this today. I had to give it a good home.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16602[/ATTACH]

Does anyone know how to tell the year on this bottle

Pretty sure that's a dusty (about 10 years old maybe. Nice and dark too.) There is a bottling date printed on the side of the bottles I have just like on Weller.

Thought I'd chime in and also verify that I, as well, just got back from a local store and picked up a bottle of the EWSB , barreled 4-1-01, bottled 6-14-13. Barrel #537. Sure enough! Plenty of them on the shelf. Cool, I guess.....

I found a couple bottles of this as well. It'd be interesting to see how far these bottles got. A 12 year EWSB basically? I'll see how it compares to my 2002 private selection.

I'm not ashamed to admit I made a significant drive to purchase what I believe to be the last OWA 7yr in the state of Oregon.

Hard to believe that in a state-controlled liquor store, something could sit on a shelf for 5 years, but here we are.

And mods, feel free to delete this if against the TOS:

I hope to get a bottle of the 2013 SmB FR this year to commemorate the birth of our first. If anyone picks up a bottle they could part with, I'd definitely make it worth your time and effort.

Did you buy some OWA yet? I really think that will be a winner for you. Take advantage of the gazebo table and try a variety of things, there will be tons of good bottles there.

nope, havent gotten to it yet. im hoping to try a few new things at the social on saturday night, and im bringing the ECBP so others can try it. as hard as it was to find, i know there'll be others there whod love to try it.

I drove from mid-Michigan to Bardstown today. I visited Four Roses bottling and warehousing and Willett Distillery for the first time today and had an awesome time. I didn't buy anything at Four Roses because I will attend the lunch at their distillery tomorrow. I'm praying that some of those 17 year gift shop bottles will be there as well as the 2013 LE Small Batch that I ordered from them. I got a bottle of the 8 year Willett Family Estate at the Willett gift shop. I then went to Liquor World and met Craig Beam. Very nice guy, pretty laid back. I had him sign three bottle of EC12 - one for me and two for my buddies. When I got to their register, I noted that their price on the 8 year WFE was the same as the gift shop so I was happy. My eye also caught a bottle of 2013 OFBB so I got that as well. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I purchased a used barrel from Four Roses. I don't homebrew but my buddies do. They wanted me to pick up a barrel so they can fill it with a stout. Unfortunately, I didn't think to be picky about the barrel I got. I just looked an hour ago that it was a OESF barrel. I would have preferred a V or K yeast but no sense in crying over spilled milk. I already said it once but I will say it again. I had an awesome day.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!