What did you pass up today? Summer '13

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Visiting Orlando and stopped by a shop with one bottle of 2009 THH for $99.99. Interesting, but not $100 interesting.

Visiting Orlando and stopped by a shop with one bottle of 2009 THH for $99.99. Interesting, but not $100 interesting.

I purchased a 2010 THH for $69.99 a few months ago and there were several left behind. All gone now.

perspective i guess...

$135 for any size bottle of anything is unreasonable to me. i dont like paying $40 for the 'good stuff'

Apparently you can get OGD114 in Oregon, they had it at at least one liquor store in the Salem area. Good to know.

I also was extremely tempted by Elijah Craig 18 year which I had never seen before in the wild. But I passed. On my way out the owner gave me a nearly full bottle of Novo Fogo Cachaça for free. Hmm, what will I do with this? Time to make caipirinhas I guess!

Passed on a Woodford Sweet Mash for 135, some EC20 for 140, and a age stated OWA (best guess 2007 bottling from code on bottom, definitely BT OWA) for 29.

Edited by petrel800

Passed on a few FR1BLE 2013 at $90 and a AHH16 for $533. Is it just me or is this stuff getting expensive?

Is it just me or is this stuff getting expensive?

How could you pass that up?!? It was being offered at a 66% discount!

AHH16 for $533. Is it just me or is this stuff getting expensive?

AH 16 is $769 on this side of the state. I remember buying it 4 or 5 years ago for $69. It's crazy how expensive it gotten.

I passed up a handle of OWA with the 7yr age statement for 42.99.

It's good, but in a recent taste test, it wasn't so much better than current NAS stuff that I feel the need to bunker it. Of course, we were also tasting my Louisville OWA alongside it, and that is totally worth bunkering, should I ever find more of it.

While my wife and kids were at the in laws I did a little extended hunting today. Picked up a couple of everyday pours but passed on 3 x's V17, wt tradition and some BMH SmB that was over $70. Yikes my last bottle wasn't worth $20.

Mike

I passed on a botle of 2012 THH priced at $199.99 (YIKES!), but I did pick up a JPS18, Batch #10 for $99.99 at the same store.

I passed on a botle of 2012 THH priced at $199.99 (YIKES!), but I did pick up a JPS18, Batch #10 for $99.99 at the same store.

I guess I was naive to think only Van Winkle products would be sky rocketing. Good grief! I passed on THH for $99.99 the other day.

I passed on some while in Indiana last weekend. . $79.99

AE Rye @ $70, loads in stock. Intrigued, but not until i try it first.

Not a bourbon, but I passed on a Founders Devil Dancer at $7.99/bottle. I just didn't feel like spending 8 bucks for a bottle of beer.

Yeah, that's way too much for a not-so-good beer anyways. I love Founder's but that beer is just not good.

Tempted by a Ezra B Single Barrel 12 year after seeing a post about it on Bourbon Exchange, but I passed. Figured it might be too similar to the EWSB I just plunked down on earlier this week.

if i drop $100 in a liquor store, im sure as hell walking out with at LEAST three bottles of something. I know i can be ecstatic with KCSB, and i just bunkered loads of it at $18 each....half what it normally goes for here.

Edited by 393foureyedfox

Not a bourbon, but I passed on a Founders Devil Dancer at $7.99/bottle. I just didn't feel like spending 8 bucks for a bottle of beer.

This years was better than the past few but still not worth what they ask for it. With that said, 2 cases went rather quickly at the store.

The triple iPa is still a gimmick. Too many off aromas and flavors. I've yet to try one I enjoyed.

And I think founders double trouble is fantastic and underrated in the imperial iPa category.

Pliny and hopslam get all the hype but double trouble is as good and easier to get.

I agree with you about Double Trouble.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Tempted by a Ezra B Single Barrel 12 year after seeing a post about it on Bourbon Exchange, but I passed. Figured it might be too similar to the EWSB ...

Had my first pour of the EBSB 12 yesterday - I found it very similar to EC12 (which is a favorite).

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!