What did you pass up today? Summer '13

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Put back a bottle of EC18 that I was walking up to the counter to purchase. Dawned on me that I've got an EC12, ECBP, ECSB, and a EWBIB open at the house, so I figured I'd leave it there.

Just a shade under $60. If there's anyone here that desperately wants this and can't get it, PM me. I can facilitate. It looked lonely at this particular shop and the selection has been dwindling.

Driving through Maryland and stopped at a few spots. Passed on some Handy at $60 (then $75 and $80), some Buffalo Trace Single Oak at $52 and some Balcones from various price ranges. I almost pulled the trigger on Rock Hill Farms for $50, but I still had a few other stores to stop at, and since it wasn't at the top of my list I left it. There was quite a few DSP-354 bottles of Rittenhouse that I left on the shelf as well, but most of the other value pours were the same I can get at home so I left them.

Handy at $60 is great...my second favorite BTAC.

Yeah, at $60 I might have scooped it up out of involuntary reflex! At $80 maybe not. But then I like Handy enough to want to keep it available in my liquor cabinet as long as I can and I have to figure it is only likely to get more expensive each fall.

Saw a place this weekend trying to sell it for $200! Bizarre since other prices in the store were mostly reasonable.

Handy at $60 is great...my second favorite BTAC.

I'm with you. Would have been an easy decision to pick this up at $60. I passed on it for $110.

Yeah I passed on some THH and an ER17 both for $99.99. Also some JPS 21 in the $120-$140 range, it's probably right around msrp but I'm just not interested.

Very Old Barton BIB for $15

Honestly never seen this product before and didn't know we got it in Oregon...would've bought one but just got a bottle in trade with a fellow SBer. Well, at least I know where to find more if I like it!

Also some age-stated WSR. It would have just made me want W12 more than I already do.

Passed up some Weller 12, a woman came down the aisle and grabbed a bottle of the SR which was right next to it. I asked her if she ever tried the 12 and she replied that this was what her husband wanted and she NEVER drinks bourbon, OK then, at least I tried, just hoping hubby wasn't expecting the 12 cause he's in for a bit of a shock.

Very Old Barton BIB for $15

Honestly never seen this product before and didn't know we got it in Oregon...would've bought one but just got a bottle in trade with a fellow SBer. Well, at least I know where to find more if I like it!

traveling on business in virginia/dc area. Pass up on plenty of JPS21 and also pass on a Pappy20 for $800.

Apparently the Climax "moonshine" made a big splash in Atlanta recently. Didn't really interest me at $25 (to be honest it didn't really interest me at all!). Apparently the guy from the show was in town promoting it wearing his overalls and hat from the show (sans shirt of course). Kind of sounded like it was an actor playing a part and that the whole thing was an effort on someones part to cash in on the current cache of the show and "moonshine" in general. I have never watched the show so maybe he is the real deal and just doesn't have a strong sense of fashion! I certainly don't know.

Bottle says it is made in Lebanon, KY which makes me wonder if it is the same stuff coming out of the Limestone Branch micro distillery with a different label slapped on it. Although the website says it is corn, rye and barley with no sugar in it, unlike the Sugar Shine brand currently made at the distillery.

post-8493-14489819570644_thumb.jpg

In addition to the 90 proof basic stuff there will be a couple of 79 proof flavored varieties (grape and peach "lightning"). Although it sounds like a lot of the lightning is missing! Can hardly wait...

The Flor de Cana 4yo at $10 a bottle had more appeal to me!

traveling on business in virginia/dc area. Pass up on plenty of JPS21 and also pass on a Pappy20 for $800.

My local store just got another shipment of this in for $140. Seems nobody wants it...

My local store just got another shipment of this in for $140. Seems nobody wants it...

$140?!?! Not at that price for sure. $60 now we are talking.

Isn't retail supposed to be $130 on that? Still way too high, but it's right at retail. I like Jefferson's, but I'm not buying any of that.

Passed on a 2013 FRSBLE - but may let my wife buy it for me for our anniversary coming up :D Reasonably priced ($80), although I keep thinking . . . "That's 2 ECBPs . . . "

Passed on a 2013 FRSBLE - but may let my wife buy it for me for our anniversary coming up :D Reasonably priced ($80), although I keep thinking . . . "That's 2 ECBPs . . . "

Where are you finding these?

Yeah, at $60 I might have scooped it up out of involuntary reflex! At $80 maybe not. But then I like Handy enough to want to keep it available in my liquor cabinet as long as I can and I have to figure it is only likely to get more expensive each fall.

Saw a place this weekend trying to sell it for $200! Bizarre since other prices in the store were mostly reasonable.

Would this store happen to be east of Atlanta close to I-20?

Passed on a BTEC for $65 per 375. They had the rice and oats bottles. Im curious but not at that price.

Isn't retail supposed to be $130 on that? Still way too high, but it's right at retail. I like Jefferson's, but I'm not buying any of that.

I've seen it mostly between 130-140. Even the general manager at my local store told me he didn't think it was worth it.

Passed on a BTEC for $65 per 375. They had the rice and oats bottles. Im curious but not at that price.

You would go from curious to pissed off after about 10 seconds into your first pour,wise decision on both of those:shithappens:

I passed on all these. Have plenty stashed back. [ATTACH]16234[/ATTACH]

VA ABC just started stocking Weller... Except the 12 year :(

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!