Four Roses 2013 Small Batch LE

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sounds like they restock the gift shop daily. That's good news.

There were 30 left in the back when we showed up and 27 when we left. A King's ransom for one man, but a pittance for the hoard.

Was lucky enough to come across two today in Kentucky at $73 a bottle, so I bought both.

FWIW, the labeling on the back indicates they made just over 12,000 bottles of this. Whether a third of that will go overseas, I don't know, but I was surprised to see how much of this is (or will be) out there.

The gift shop told me that just over 4000 bottles will be sent overseas. That being said, 8000 bottles in the U.S. is still double last years output.

Was lucky enough to come across two today in Kentucky at $73 a bottle, so I bought both.

FWIW, the labeling on the back indicates they made just over 12,000 bottles of this. Whether a third of that will go overseas, I don't know, but I was surprised to see how much of this is (or will be) out there.

Still haven't seen any in Ga?

Anybody seen it?

No sign so far as of my last foray to several stores on Sunday.

How are all of these people procuring bottlels, or do you mean that it just hasn't hit Georgia yet?

How are all of these people procuring bottlels, or do you mean that it just hasn't hit Georgia yet?

Kevin is talking about Georgia which is often well behind the curve with regard to releases thanks to the many obstacles to alcohol our local legislators have seen fit to erect in our fair state.

It seems like BTAC / Pappy arrives in GA on time with the rest of the states - is this only 4R that is released behind the power curve?

It seems like BTAC / Pappy arrives in GA on time with the rest of the states - is this only 4R that is released behind the power curve?

Well in addition to that you big city boys get them before us that reside in the sticks

Still have not seen it in Michigan and we did not get it last year. Luckily I got the chance to get a little in Kentucky, it is sublime.

Best regards, Tony

Eric has some in Elizabethtown:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16644[/ATTACH]

That is a pretty picture, you should buy all of them.

Best regards, Tony

That is a pretty picture, you should buy all of them.

Best regards, Tony

Yes it is!!! I can't wait to try this one.

Had the opportunity while in Kentucky to buy some 4R 125th anniversary. Having seen it was a mix of different recipes each aged 13-18 years, I was curious. So I payed the premium price to have a bottle. Right out of the bottle I didnt like it. Just tasted boring with no complexity. So I added a couple drops of water and let it breathe for a long time...a really long time like 45 minutes. When I came back to it, I loved it. I could taste a sweet woody, vanilla taste with some kick. I thought it was great. Is it worth $75? Probably not, but it is a good bourbon that I am glad to have in my collection.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.