Old Forester Birthday 2013

P&MLiquorsEric
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This will be released this week in KY. Nearly a month earlier than last year.

I have been a bday bourbon fan even if most of the BF products don't impress me.

Its also nice to know we will be getting it first. Brown Foreman making sure "the boys in the hood" try the product first.

This will be released this week in KY. Nearly a month earlier than last year.

I have been a bday bourbon fan even if most of the BF products don't impress me.

Its also nice to know we will be getting it first. Brown Foreman making sure "the boys in the hood" try the product first.

Will probably just chance this one hanging around like it usually does. And if not? Oh well.

I really hope Oregon gets this but I'm not counting on it as it has not shown up on next month's price lists.

I may be pleading with a fellow SBer to send me a bottle...

Love me some BB. Will have to pick it up when it comes here to PA. Might have to pick up a few extra bottles of the 2012 when I get a chance too.

The suggested retail price of $54.99 is a bit disappointing. I got 2012 last year for about $40 in town. If it really is $55 this year on the shelf that is a 35% or more increase and may well be enough for me to leave it on the shelf for the time being. $45 maybe but not real sure about $55.

I really hope Oregon gets this but I'm not counting on it as it has not shown up on next month's price lists.

I may be pleading with a fellow SBer to send me a bottle...

You can still get the 2012 BB in WA

The suggested retail price of $54.99 is a bit disappointing. I got 2012 last year for about $40 in town. If it really is $55 this year on the shelf that is a 35% or more increase and may well be enough for me to leave it on the shelf for the time being. $45 maybe but not real sure about $55.

It was closer to $50 retail in the KY market last year. going back 3 or 4 years it was closer to $40 (around here at least).

Cant say I am surprised if it goes up $5 this year. Limited bourbons are not getting any cheaper.

It was closer to $50 retail in the KY market last year. going back 3 or 4 years it was closer to $40 (around here at least).

Cant say I am surprised if it goes up $5 this year. Limited bourbons are not getting any cheaper.

$5 I could deal with. But definitely $40 (or high $30's even) in Atlanta last year for the bottles I bought (I remember well because it was my birthday/Christmas gift bourbon of choice last year!). If the $50 price tag in Kentucky last year makes it $65 in Kentucky this year that might make it less popular!

$5 I could deal with. But definitely $40 (or high $30's even) in Atlanta last year for the bottles I bought (I remember well because it was my birthday/Christmas gift bourbon of choice last year!). If the $50 price tag in Kentucky last year makes it $65 in Kentucky this year that might make it less popular!

I would guess 55 in ky. $5 increases on bday has been the normal increase for the past few years.

Ymmv

I got 2012 OFBB in Atlanta for $37.99 last year. The increase to $54.99 is huge.

I knew I didn't imagine that price! $54.99 locally would be a huge disappointment and probably keep me from buying just because I wouldn't want to support that kind of increase.

I knew I didn't imagine that price! $54.99 locally would be a huge disappointment and probably keep me from buying just because I wouldn't want to support that kind of increase.

I haven't seen it around Atlanta yet to know what the price will be. Hopefully closer to the $37.99 of last year...

Saw it in Louisville for $47.99 today, reasonable relative to last year, just too many good choices in that same price range for me to bite.

Oh can't say I won't grab one if I see it at that price. But there is lots of stuff coming up soon.

Oh can't say I won't grab one if I see it at that price. But there is lots of stuff coming up soon.

That was as much my issue. Have some road trips coming up, decided to save some spending money just in case.

I thought it was overpriced at $40, so I'm passing. We've officially hit scotch prices for a 12yo :/

Still don't know if Oregon is getting this. Not too happy about that fact. May have mentioned this before but as early as last year our local liquor store had a like a 5-year vertical of this. It was sub $40 here last year as well.

Grr.

The scotchification of Bourbon has arrived in the form of higher prices.

But the quality has gone up to match right? :skep:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.