What Wee Dram Are You Enjoying Now - Fall 2013/Winter 2014

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Larger-than-intended pour of Ardbeg 10 but this should last me through the evening.

post-10579-14489820600737_thumb.jpg

Larger-than-intended pour of Ardbeg 10 but this should last me through the evening.

Beautiful pour! I'm salivating just looking at that picture.

Enjoying a nip of Yamazaki 18. A perfect amount of sherry cast influence in the dram. Very balanced. This one is in the "wish I bought more when it was $95/bottle a year ago" camp...

I was recently staring at a bottle of that for ~$135 (if I remember correctly). I debated it for a while, but did not pull the trigger. It would have been a slam dunk at $95.

It had a strong green bitterness in the finish when I first opened it last year. It's since subsided substantially and I find it to be an enjoyable pour.

Enjoyed a small pour of Berry's Caperdonich 17 with my wife's homemade key lime pie. I don't often pair scotch with things but this combo was just plain wonderful!

Had a bit of a 19 year BenRiach peated/px last night. Its real nice but the balance is a little off and the smoke is a tad strong. I'm guessing the extra 8 years in the 27 year BenRiach peated/px released last year helped in tempering the smoke and bringing it into balance.

Nevertheless, this bottle will not have a drainage problem.

All of a sudden, BenRiach is everywhere. I had a pour of something peated/px a few years ago at WhiskyFest and it was pretty stunning, but I gathered it was from a $300 bottle. I'm not sure how to approach this distillery, so I have chosen not to, at least with my wallet.

All of a sudden, BenRiach is everywhere. I had a pour of something peated/px a few years ago at WhiskyFest and it was pretty stunning, but I gathered it was from a $300 bottle. I'm not sure how to approach this distillery, so I have chosen not to, at least with my wallet.

I posted this before but your reply made me think of it. This was at a store in Texas... where did they all come from!!?!?

post-9128-14489820601907_thumb.jpg

I posted this before but your reply made me think of it. This was at a store in Texas... where did they all come from!!?!?

I'm guessing Anchor cleared a bunch of stuff through and it's just making it's way out through the distro channels?

It's my 58th birthday and I wanted something that ended in an "8". So foreign whisky won tonight as I enjoy a pour of Macallan 18.

It's my 58th birthday and I wanted something that ended in an "8". So foreign whisky won tonight as I enjoy a pour of Macallan 18.

Happy Birthday! May you enjoy many more 18yr olds!

Post-quartet rehearsal bull session and my friend poured me a Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban. I was impressed.

Oban 14 earlier in the evening with some coworkers... now trying to figure out what to pour next.

Post-quartet rehearsal bull session and my friend poured me a Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban. I was impressed.

Post Quartet? What instrument? Or is it singing? Either way, that's pretty cool. Glenmo QR is always a fun pour. Really easy to drink and nice and sweet by itself.

Oban 14 earlier in the evening with some coworkers... now trying to figure out what to pour next.

Oban 14 is always an easy one to reach for if you want a little bit of everything. What did you move on to. And Happy Birthday!!!!

Post Quartet? What instrument? Or is it singing? Either way, that's pretty cool. Glenmo QR is always a fun pour. Really easy to drink and nice and sweet by itself.

Trombone.

More of a hobby group at this point but we do play here and there. Our website: www.westsidetrombones.com.

Back on topic, I've shied away from the QR due to not overly enthusiastic reviews by the usual suspects, but it was really good. A lot of nutty toffee flavors hiding in the background.

Trombone.

More of a hobby group at this point but we do play here and there. Our website: www.westsidetrombones.com.

Back on topic, I've shied away from the QR due to not overly enthusiastic reviews by the usual suspects, but it was really good. A lot of nutty toffee flavors hiding in the background.

That's cool. I miss my music playing days. I was a rocking tuba player. I've thought about picking it up again, but the cost of the instrument is kind of prohibitive for how much I'd probably use it. Maybe I'll just learn to play piano because we at least already have one of those.

In preparation for an evening of Irish whiskey debauchery, a small pour of Red Breast CS Batch B1/12. Thinking of it like stretching before the game :)

In honor of currently being in Canada, I'm sipping on some Alberta Dark Horse. It's not bad, very smooth with a great sherry finish, can't really complain for the $26 price tag.

It's all Irish all weekend here: Paddys, Green Spot, TD Phoenix, RBCS 12 & thinking about adding Bushmills to the mix if I can get to LS before the drams tonight :)

Planned on starting the evening off with RB 12 then moving on to something else. Had a slight change of plans after the first pour was so enjoyable and it now appears that the evening will also end with this fine Irish libation. :drink:

Edited by Paddy

Having something cold to drink while watching basketball. A "Big Ginger"

- Two Gingers Irish Whiskey

- Squeeze of lime juice

- Ginger Ale

Refreshing and delicious.

It's all Irish all weekend here: Paddys, Green Spot, TD Phoenix, RBCS 12 & thinking about adding Bushmills to the mix if I can get to LS before the drams tonight :)

Went over to a buddy’s house to visit him & his collection, we took a nice tour through it. Let’s see if I can remember …first we started with some Greenspot, (really good) then went to J18, J Chef’s Collab (actually pretty good also, had my doubts about this one at first), Death’s door, Jacobs ghost, Michter’s,(the higher end one.. Very tasty) ORVW 10 107, CEHT SB, 3 vats, Dickel 12, and then finished it up with some RB12 & RB12 CS, you know being St. Patty’s and all that…..!

You know it’s really nice to be able to go over and rip thru a collection like that…

And… I came home with an ETL and a J Chef’s collab!

Man you can’t beat a night like that!!

Prohst my friend!!!

Went over to a buddy’s house to visit him & his collection, we took a nice tour through it. Let’s see if I can remember …first we started with some Greenspot, (really good) then went to J18, J Chef’s Collab (actually pretty good also, had my doubts about this one at first), Death’s door, Jacobs ghost, Michter’s,(the higher end one.. Very tasty) ORVW 10 107, CEHT SB, 3 vats, Dickel 12, and then finished it up with some RB12 & RB12 CS, you know being St. Patty’s and all that…..!

You know it’s really nice to be able to go over and rip thru a collection like that…

And… I came home with an ETL and a J Chef’s collab!

Man you can’t beat a night like that!!

Prohst my friend!!!

That's a nice run. I have a sealed Jeff. Chef's Collaboration. I'm interested and will probably crack it some time. I'm trying to thin the herd of opens before cracking new ones. If you're ever in the Twin Cities and feel like ripping through a collection a bit, PM me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.