What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After passing on 2 bottles of the PHC 7th release again today, I got a single barrel Henry McKenna instead, 10yr old BiB HH whiskey for $25 is a better deal than $99.99.

Then I stopped in a different store and found the last of a case of PHC Blend of Mashbills that my local store found tucked away in a back room today. I never got one last year so this one I did not pass up, even at a bit of a premium.

Edited by RVTsteve

Good ole Filmore Tucci! Now that was a real gentleman, a true original. He never left the house without his ebony walking stick, crowned with a sterling silver eagle's head. Despite his limp, he was an amazing dancer. Aside from being a man about town, Mr. Tucci (or Mr. Spectacular, as his acquaintances called him) was a great philanthropist. Furthermore, if you managed to impress him in one way or another, he kept a list that served as his yearly reminder to send you a bottle of this, his favorite bourbon. Sadly, he was taken from us too soon, but as far as freak gardening accidents go, his passing was one befitting of his nickname.

A true character indeed. But my curiosity is directed toward the real life person who has his name placed on a bourbon label. Will the real Filmore Tucci please stand up...

Found a WTR101 and a Rittenhouse dsp ky 354 to SBS taste with the DSP ky 1 bottle I already have.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I have added a few "off-the-beaten-path stores to my trip toward Cincinnati tomorrow in hopes of bunkering down on VOB BIB. I have been giving them out to friends left and right and don't have any left. Ooops. I do the same with W12, might want to stop that too.

I hope you don't clean Ashland out! LOL

Good ole Filmore Tucci! Now that was a real gentleman, a true original. He never left the house without his ebony walking stick, crowned with a sterling silver eagle's head. Despite his limp, he was an amazing dancer. Aside from being a man about town, Mr. Tucci (or Mr. Spectacular, as his acquaintances called him) was a great philanthropist. Furthermore, if you managed to impress him in one way or another, he kept a list that served as his yearly reminder to send you a bottle of this, his favorite bourbon. Sadly, he was taken from us too soon, but as far as freak gardening accidents go, his passing was one befitting of his nickname.

Yep, great guy. I believe he was Flower Tucci's grandfather

It's been a good week on the hunt this week. 5a2ameru.jpg7ubydete.jpg

Not bad for my first post I guess. Glad to be a part of the community. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not bad, my friend! I am not sure that I recognize the FR bottle. Is it a Limited Edition! I will check the new poster forum. If you haven't posted there, please do! Welcome to the forum!

Found a WTR101 and a Rittenhouse dsp ky 354 to SBS taste with the DSP ky 1 bottle I already have.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Boom! Enjoy! :toast:

Not bad, my friend! I am not sure that I recognize the FR bottle. Is it a Limited Edition! I will check the new poster forum. If you haven't posted there, please do! Welcome to the forum!

That looks like an export only bottle (for Japan, or maybe Europe.)

That looks like an export only bottle (for Japan, or maybe Europe.)

You are correct smknjoe. 4R Platinum from Japan and the PVW20 is one I got in a lottery earlier in the week.

Trey, this won't get recognized enough as one one of the greatest posts of all time on SB. If there is ever a Hall of Fame this gets my nomination. [slow clap]

Mailman made a stop today. Dropped off a box containing a Stagg Jr. and a baby Saz. A sample of Saz 18 2013 also somehow got dropped into the box. Thank you to the generous member that made it happen. It will go to good use.

Stagg Jr. and AAA 10. Have never had either and considering the reviews on both, I'm not site which will be better.

Got the call last night from my local whiskey shop that my name had been drawn in their Pappy raffle, and there was 10 and 12 year left. I went with the 10 based on reports from you fine folks that is year's 10 is a winner. Picked up the bottle this morning, and she's a beaut!

Today's finds a EH Taylor Barrel proof, Bourye 2 12packs of Fighting Cock it's the only way I can get it up here is nips. Ezra B, 2 ETL, Larceny, 2 WT Forgiven, 2 Rittenhouse Ryes, and a Stagg jr hauled out from a back office. Seeing I asked he said it would save him having to run a raffle to sell it.

IMG_1998_zps07948a30.jpg

Edited by r60slash5
typo

Let us know how you like it:) I am still waiting for some batch 3 to show up on shelves in my area.

Batch 3 of ECBP (66.6%) is delicious. I'd put it slightly better than Batch 1, but they are very similar. Can't go wrong with Batch 1 or 3--have heard mixed things about Batch 2.

Batch 3 of ECBP (66.6%) is delicious. I'd put it slightly better than Batch 1, but they are very similar. Can't go wrong with Batch 1 or 3--have heard mixed things about Batch 2.

Thanks for your feedback! I'm definitely going to try to keep an eye out for batch 3. I like both 1 and 2 but only had the opportunity to get one batch 1 and have been real stingy with it. If it's similar to 1 and to your taste better than 1, I definitely need to get some:)

Hit up a unlikely looking store today on my way home.

Must to my surprise I manage to pick up a OFBB 12 and 13.

The 13 is just plain delicious, the 12 I was excited about to add to my son's birth year collection.

B

Went looking for OHH 8/86 last night and found a lot of empty bottom shelves. Did find handles of Dickel 12 for...wait for it.... $30, which eased the pain a little. Stopped by one of my usuals tonight, OHH was long gone, so I said screw it and bought a 4R1B instead. Life's too short and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!