What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I didn't buy any today but my wife's uncle, who is visiting from Kentucky, brought me two bottles of AAA10 as a gift! :grin:

LC is there any indication on the label who made it.

No and I can't tell by tasting it.

it is one of the newer bottles because its NCF.

Went looking for ETL, couldn't find any. Ended up buying 1792 RR on a whim and it tastes pretty good.

I've been passing on Bambi's but gave in today and brought home a bottle. Reading some members (you know who you are) comments about it pushed me towards picking it up.

Wild Turkey Tradition. Bought my first bottle a couple weeks ago and this is the first WT product I've enjoyed in some time.

Surprised by my local shop keeper, he managed to get some late season PVW. I snagged a 15 yr and a Stagg Jr for good measure.

I just came across an EW 2001 SB labeled as "Ray's Best Buy." I gave it a good home.

Jerrod, that is a wheater believe it or not. You might have tasted it at the Indy Gazebo last summer.

I bought it because I tried it at Dawns and liked it :-)

Edited by whiskeyagonzo

Jerrod, that is a wheater believe it or not. You might have tasted it at the Indy Gazebo last summer.

Hey Eric. Do you know who Ray is? Just curious did he pick the barrel? What's the story on this bottle if you know. Thanks

LC is there any indication on the label who made it.

I did find something that it taste like. Old Charter classic 90 12y. I still have some and did a side-by-side. They are very similar. I wonder if that means these barrels could have come from Buffalo Trace.

Beam and Rocky Patel cigars did an event at one of my local stores today. At the urging of the gorgeous Beam rep, I ended up getting a Beam Signature Craft 12 yr. If the whiskey ends up being just a fraction as good as she looked, I'll have done well. :D

Walked in to a local store to pick up VOB for the family. At the checkout, spotted a FR125 for a reasonable price. Took about five seconds for me to decide it was coming home with me!

Beam and Rocky Patel cigars did an event at one of my local stores today. At the urging of the gorgeous Beam rep, I ended up getting a Beam Signature Craft 12 yr. If the whiskey ends up being just a fraction as good as she looked, I'll have done well. :D

:) Hahaha.

I know what you mean. At least you didn't end up helping her sell like an idiot I was years ago. But she gave me her number though.

Hey Eric. Do you know who Ray is? Just curious did he pick the barrel? What's the story on this bottle if you know. Thanks

Ray is the store owner who did the barrel pick. The story on the bottle(as told by Ray) is that HH goofed and put 10 yr Old Fitz in his pre-labeled EWSB bottles. Sounds fishy but there is no doubt the bottles have wheated bourbon in them. Basically Larceny in an EW bottle.

I got a gift card to a local liquor stores as a gift. I went in last night and saw a few wooden boxes of Angel's Envy Cask Strength. So I picked one up. After opening the very nice box and reading the card inside I almost missed the events that Wes has planned for people who have bought this. It gives you a website and code to enter and then a list of cities where Wes will be having a party for owners of boxes of Angel's Envy Cask Strength. Luckily he is coming to Austin in late January. Looking forward to seeing to Wes again.

Edited by gburger

Walked into a place I hadn't visited in a while, saw a 2011 THH for $73, it left with me soon afterwards.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!