The Great Pappy Heist

Josh
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 dudes in a GN room survivor.
Nope. Doesn't exist.
Well, the room may not exist any longer.
Yeah I'm pretty sure they burned that room after our last visit,as it was no longer fit for man nor beast.

Unless it survived a tornado, then was stolen and smuggled into Scotland where it weathered a snow storm, and then spent a year on boat circumnavigating the earth before returning home, I'm not really interested.

This made me laugh out loud at work today. Nice post!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yeah I'm pretty sure they burned that room after our last visit,as it was no longer fit for man nor beast.

They tried that...it didn't work...

They've now entombed the room within 17 feet of rebar re-inforced concrete.

Alert to future KBF and Sampler attendees!!! If you call the GN, and the have the Chernobyl Room available at an unbelievably low cost...take a pass...:D

They tried that...it didn't work...

They've now entombed the room within 17 feet of rebar re-inforced concrete.

Alert to future KBF and Sampler attendees!!! If you call the GN, and the have the Chernobyl Room available at an unbelievably low cost...take a pass...:D

They walked us out in handcuffs you know.:lol:

interesting that none of the popular press articles talk about the fact that this Pappy 20 isn't the "original" (as in S-W) stuff.

they make it sound like it's the same product as 10 years ago. guess that would be too complicated--and take away a little of the "myth" factor.

I have it from a reliable source that the Bardstown Waste Water Treatment system had to make emergency repairs to 200' of pipe running from the GN and replace 3 pumps at one of the pumping stations

NOW I know why SmokinJoe was passing out so many of the GBS t shirts and bottles of Bourbon Supreme in the dark recesses of the rackhouses at BT, when we did our ETL barrel selection!!

You may be seeing footage from Eric's video cameras at P & M Liquors in Elizabethtown on TV. Someone came in on Sunday asking if the store was interested in buying some PVW. Eric wasn't there but employee politely declined. Person left immediately. Eric reported to authorities and video of suspect is being released (by Franklin County Sheriff) to news media apparently.

You may be seeing footage from Eric's video cameras at P & M Liquors in Elizabethtown on TV. Someone came in on Sunday asking if the store was interested in buying some PVW. Eric wasn't there but employee politely declined. Person left immediately. Eric reported to authorities and video of suspect is being released (by Franklin County Sheriff) to news media apparently.

If it turns out to be folks related to the heist......not a smart bunch trying to sell to a retailer.

http://www.state-journal.com/local%20news/2013/10/23/person-of-interest-sought-in-pappy-van-winkle-theft

Was just on whas11 news now.

The sheriff gave me some info on how it was taken. The pallets of VW were in a locked cage of the warehouse. They did not cut the locks but removed the bolts (which faced outwards) from the door. Also cases/bottles were only taken from the center of the pallets to foil inventory counts which only look at entire pallets.

http://www.state-journal.com/local%20news/2013/10/23/person-of-interest-sought-in-pappy-van-winkle-theft

Was just on whas11 news now.

The sheriff gave me some info on how it was taken. The pallets of VW were in a locked cage of the warehouse. They did not cut the locks but removed the bolts (which faced outwards) from the door. Also cases/bottles were only taken from the center of the pallets to foil inventory counts which only look at entire pallets.

Nice... I did the same thing as a teenager when my Dad kept his extra booze locked up! I thought I was slick removing the door hinge bolts!

They figure gradual theft or one shot deal? Either way just sounds like a warehouse designed for a time when a bottle was worth very little $ and not worth the risk.

You know, I had suspected Boyd had something to do with it, but I didn't want to believe it. That right there's a picture of Hunter Katins and he's been close with Boyd Crowder since they teamed up to rip off homecoming keg parties in highschool. Might be his twin though. Word is since Solace Katin returned to Hardin he's been falling right in line with his brother's antics. Goddammit Boyd, when will you learn!

You know, I had suspected Boyd had something to do with it, but I didn't want to believe it. That right there's a picture of Hunter Katins and he's been close with Boyd Crowder since they teamed up to rip off homecoming keg parties in highschool. Might be his twin though. Word is since Solace Katin returned to Hardin he's been falling right in line with his brother's antics. Goddammit Boyd, when will you learn!

love it - this has been an entertaining thread!

So i'm hearing that the unlucky guy who walked into the store was unrelated....private collector that felt now was a good time to cash out. How on earth he thought a store would buy it from him...let alone a store he didn't normally frequent, i have no idea. Not a smart duck.

My theory is there's been more than a few folks who watched/read the heist story and realize how much their collection had grown in value.

So i'm hearing that the unlucky guy who walked into the store was unrelated....private collector that felt now was a good time to cash out. How on earth he thought a store would buy it from him...let alone a store he didn't normally frequent, i have no idea. Not a smart duck.

My theory is there's been more than a few folks who watched/read the heist story and realize how much their collection had grown in value.

I had not heard that. I had my suspicions that even a dumb criminal would not try to unload it at a store while the heist news was still hot off the press.

IMO, the majority of the bottles are long gone. Sold as soon as they left there distillery.

I'll go with the been sold/long gone theory.

Agree with the first part. As for the second part I doubt any of it has been consumed, so, far from "gone".

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!