Pappy and the hunt...is it worth it?

loki993
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I suspect a fair amount of misdirection in some of the previous posts.... :skep:

Who, us? Certainly not, just follow our directions carefully, take four consecutive left hand turns and you will be there.

• 3 months later...
It's almost hunting time for the fall releases including everything Van Winkle.

I found 3 pappys today in Atlanta. I didn't think they'd be out yet but after calling every liquor store in town. Voila ehu4e3em.jpg

I found 3 pappys today in Atlanta. I didn't think they'd be out yet but after calling every liquor store in town. Voila ehu4e3em.jpg

My VW radar is now activated. Thx for the intel RM!

calling every liquor store in town. Voila

Seriously guys. Who really believe Kevin would do this? ;)

The image can be just from his own bar. lol

Now even I posted in this thread. Grrr. Guess that's fine since I have always love SW/ORVW/PVW.

Just for the record, I'm no longer in the hunt unless bottles are on hold for me and at a reasonable price.

Edited by tigerlam92

I already got burned by R man in my first week on SB.com when he cried pappy.

I figured the right thing to do was to stand out of the way and let others have their experience until someone else (tigerlam in this case) lifted the veil.

It's fun to be on the other side :) Maybe that means I've made yellow belt.

tbt

I already got burned by R man in my first week on SB.com when he cried pappy.

I figured the right thing to do was to stand out of the way and let others have their experience until someone else (tigerlam in this case) lifted the veil.

It's fun to be on the other side :) Maybe that means I've made yellow belt.

tbt

I'm saving up for the limited all SW Pappy 30.

$10K per bottle, and you have to sign up to do an unpaid 10yr internship at BT, grinding mash ingredients by hand.

Whatever - I'll just flip it for a new house.

• 2 weeks later...

This morning's Wall St. Journal gives the nod to Pappy 15 over Pappy 20. Less barrel influence and, besides, it has the advantage of "being somewhat more available." I saw a whole pallet of it once. At BT.

PVW will continue to be the perceived or otherwise gold standard for many new and more seasoned Bourbon drinkers for the foreseeable future. Personally, I continue to be intrigued by the "Pappy" craze. It's getting close to post time for the fall release chase to begin!

• 2 weeks later...
I found 3 pappys today in Atlanta. I didn't think they'd be out yet but after calling every liquor store in town. Voila
. Wow better than I've done here in atlanta. Thought I called every store. Missed one.

I was contacted today by my honey hole that he just got a couple of each (10, 12, 15, 20, 23, and rye) . If you're interested in any PM me.

I was contacted today by my honey hole that he just got a couple of each (10, 12, 15, 20, 23, and rye) . If you're interested in any PM me.

Seriously? Already? Or are you funnin' us like RM?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.