What bourbon are you drinking? - Winter '13/'14

bingstein
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ezra 101 and Ezra Brooks 12 yr. think i like the set, and may have to bunker a couple of bottles of the 7/101

Evan Williams Single Barrel (2002). Sometimes this one is really good, sometimes it underwhelms. Not sure why.

Last night opened the Weller 12. First time I've had some in months and it was just so smooth. It made watching 2 hrs of Moonshimes with MrsTT enjoyable. Her infatuation with these reality shows are killing me.

Last night opened the Weller 12. First time I've had some in months and it was just so smooth. It made watching 2 hrs of Moonshimes with MrsTT enjoyable. Her infatuation with these reality shows are killing me.

the biggest bunker on SB doesnt contain enough booze to get me to watch any 'reality' TV show

After some pretty epic drinking antics with old college buddies on Friday night, the wife has strongly urged me to pull back to one pour per night for a few weeks so as not to annoy her. So, I have to make each pour count. Thus, I enjoyed a fairly hearty pour of some WT12 gold foil last night. There is no doubt the stuff is very, very good, but I have not yet determined whether I enjoy it more than the WT8. The WT12 is very, very oaky and sometimes overpoweringly so.

...the wife has strongly urged me to...

I remember those days. Well, I should say, I don't remember them very well.

EHT Tornado. Down to the last 1/3 of my bottle. The aroma has been wonderfully consistent but I could never get on board with the palate.

I picked up a bottle of 4R Yellow Label for my hotel room on a business trip. While I love every other 4R bourbon that I have tried, I was disappointed in the Yellow Label. Between the low proof and thin finish, it just doesn't do it for me.

Doing a little (very little - too early) Larceny while awaiting Georgetown-Villanova. SmknJoe has me trying wheaters although I prefer rye mash bills. Thanks. It makes a nice change.

I remember those days. Well, I should say, I don't remember them very well.

"Wait, what did I agree to? Less bourbon?! That doesn't sound like me"

Doing a little (very little - too early) Larceny while awaiting Georgetown-Villanova. SmknJoe has me trying wheaters although I prefer rye mash bills. Thanks. It makes a nice change.

Even though my avatar is a picture of OWA, I usually reach for the standard rye recipes more often than not. I don't judge or discriminate due to mashbill or proof. It's all about what tastes good (to me.)

+1. I swear this and Ezra 12 share the same source.
Jerrod, bring yours to Indy and we can pair it with mine and both not know what to think. Had a bottle open for a couple of months and its not getting any emptier. Keeps getting nudged back further on the shelf for other more intriguing pours.

I don't know the source but it does not agree with my tastes. I'm glad it was a gift and I didn't purchase it myself. I d have been upset with myself as I have avoided any regretful purchases for quite some time now. Thanks in no small part to the good folks on this forum and a little experience. :-)

sipping some 4r 2013 LESiB. It is like the regular single barrel on steriods. Depth of flavor is amazing. Dark chocolate, mint, menthol, orange peel. So good!

Stagg Jr. The more I have, the more I like it. Think I finally found the right amount of water to add. Too bad I was just winging it and don't know exactly how much it was.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!