What bourbon are you drinking? - Winter '13/'14

bingstein
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

ECBP while waiting for my poorly timed pork butts to come off the smoker. Might be a perfect combination, alder smoke and ECBP; who needs sleep.

post-10178-14489820292342_thumb.jpg

4 premieres and my 2nd pour ever of pvw20 (of course drunk from right to left). what a night!

Finished up an evening of football watching with a Vintage 17. Again, this whiskey just doesn't do anything for me.

Joe, I'd be happy to take that clunker off your hands!

[ATTACH]17450[/ATTACH]

4 premieres and my 2nd pour ever of pvw20 (of course drunk from right to left). what a night!

That's quite an impressive line-up. Especially, seeing that they are so far from their "motherland." What did you think of them/which was your pick of the litter?

[ATTACH]17450[/ATTACH]

And probably drunk at the end too! :lol:

Followed up my Mellow Corn last night with a heavy pour of Old Fitz 1849. I like it quite a bit... more than the Old Fitz BiB, anyway.

Another day off from work so I am trying several, 2013 William Larue Weller, Wild Turkey Tradition, 2013 Four Roses Small Batch Limited Edition & Elijah Craig 12yo Barrel Proof, neat.

By some miracle I found 3 cases (3 bottles each) of ORVW 12 Lot B at a local grocery store on one of my trips for work to an obscure area of California. I picked up all 9 and am sipping my first bottle now. :D

That's quite an impressive line-up. Especially, seeing that they are so far from their "motherland." What did you think of them/which was your pick of the litter?

I liked the smoothness of the 20yo. 23yo was freshly opened and went through quite a bit of a development in the glass and after with some water. liked it too and didn't find it too woody at all. will have another dram of that soon. the 4r smb le 2013 was very nice imo, superflowery and thus quite uncommon. simply loved it. 4r smb le 2012 was nice, palate started showing some weakness though already. phc finished me off and somehow demanded more stamina than I was able to provide ;)

The Noah's Mill is another one that lost its age statement (used to be 14 or 15 yo) and went down hill after that. Used to be a good pour.

The Noah's Mill is another one that lost its age statement (used to be 14 or 15 yo) and went down hill after that. Used to be a good pour.

Some Noah's mill. Still not sure what to think of this one.

+1. I swear this and Ezra 12 share the same source.

+1. I swear this and Ezra 12 share the same source.

Is there any reason to believe that they wouldn't?

FR gift shop OBSK, 12yrs.

Dang fine pour.

B

Very nice! Our BevMo private selection out here is the OBSK recipe, I love the stuff.

Having some Old Fitz BiB tonight. Not really sure what to think of it. Not bad considering the price, nothing really jumping out at me, either.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!