What bourbon are you drinking? - Winter '13/'14

bingstein
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

And to stay on topic enjoying a small pour of 18 yr Willett FE from a sample provided by a fellow SBer.

And to stay on topic enjoying a small pour of 18 yr Willett FE from a sample provided by a fellow SBer.

Bam....sounds awesome! I haven't met a Willett FE that I haven't liked.

Bam....sounds awesome! I haven't met a Willett FE that I haven't liked.

Agreed. Always have one open on the bar. Most I have purchased with some idea of what I was getting-at least wheat v rye mash. But even the couple I have purchased blind have been good value for the money. Especially at barrel proof.

Sipping on a 2012 small batch 4 roses while tending the smoker. Pulled pork for lunch tomorrow. Whipeee!!! ;)

Hugh, how would you compare the 133.2 with the first two batches?

Hi Eric,

I think only us on this site will be able to pick out the differences from the three. I guess I can do a three way SBS but from memory only . . . so not too accurate.

Batch 2 (137) is slightly hotter than other but a little more water takes care of that. Everything else is slightly less.

Batch 3 (133.2) has a VERY nice nose, full flavor and very chewy. It continues to delight way after it is consumed. Only slight put off for some is it may be more "woody" (I think) than 134.2 which I don't mind at all.

Batch 1 (134.2) it just amazed every time I drank it. Very similar to batch 3 but maybe just better overall very marginally. Smooth (with water), in your face with flavor, and chewy all perhaps very slightly less than 133.2 though but also less woody, again very slightly.

The secret is the EC GS 129.7 may still be the best. :). I did a SBS with 134.2.

129.7 GS > 1 close to 3 > 2 but I pick up any that I see. :)

All three batches are really good no matter how we cut it and my go to pour. For me, this definitely need a good amount of water so makes it a even better buy. Hahaha.

Cheers,

Hugh

Edited by tigerlam92

Not feeling well so wasn't going to have anything tonight, but decided that I wanted something tonight, crud-iness be damned. EWSB2003, trying to help the local stores clear inventory so they'll put out the 2004. Really liking this '03 though so I think I'll be stocking up while it's still around.

Me, too - 4RSmB. Must be something in the air. BTW, Joe, every time I see your label, I itch to open the OWA sitting on my shelf. It's been untouched while I work through some already-opened bottles of other things.

Having a couple pours of SB blend (3:2 OWA:W12) tonight. I'm almost all out of SB blend. It's about time to make some more:)

Hi Eric,

I think only us on this site will be able to pick out the differences from the three. I guess I can do a three way SBS but from memory only . . . so not too accurate.

Batch 2 (137) is slightly hotter than other but a little more water takes care of that. Everything else is slightly less.

Batch 3 (133.2) has a VERY nice nose, full flavor and very chewy. It continues to delight way after it is consumed. Only slight put off for some is it may be more "woody" (I think) than 134.2 which I don't mind at all.

Batch 1 (134.2) it just amazed every time I drank it. Very similar to batch 3 but maybe just better overall very marginally. Smooth (with water), in your face with flavor, and chewy all perhaps very slightly less than 133.2 though but also less woody, again very slightly.

The secret is the EC GS 129.7 may still be the best. :). I did a SBS with 134.2.

All three batches are really good no matter how we cut it and my go to pour. For me, this definitely need a good amount of water so makes it a even better buy. Hahaha.

Cheers,

Hugh

thanks for the very thorough review Hugh! That's what makes this site great.

Hi Eric,

Cheers,

Hugh

I do love that 129.7 from the GS. It's in the lineup for today but starting off with some basics....FRSmB. Go Colts!!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!