2014 Four Roses LE Single Barrel

Phil T
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It'll vary state-to-state but it usually hits the first release in the last week of April.

It'll vary state-to-state but it usually hits the first release in the last week of April.

I hope this is true for this year. I will be stopping at the Four Roses distillery on Monday, April 7 and I hope to get a bottle of the 2014 LE there or somewhere nearby. I have had zero luck finding any Four Roses LEs in Michigan the past few years. I'm hoping FR also have some gift shop bottles as well seeing how I missed out on those during KBF because I didn't budget my time well after our BT Hard Hat tour.

I hope this is true for this year. I will be stopping at the Four Roses distillery on Monday, April 7 and I hope to get a bottle of the 2014 LE there or somewhere nearby. I have had zero luck finding any Four Roses LEs in Michigan the past few years. I'm hoping FR also have some gift shop bottles as well seeing how I missed out on those during KBF because I didn't budget my time well after our BT Hard Hat tour.

Have been fortunate to grab SB '11, '12, and '13, and had a store owner set aside one SmB for me this year. But I've never seen a bottle hit the shelves in my neighborhood - they are all set aside or pre-sold before ever hitting the store.

It will not get any easier to find them. The "Facebook fanatics" propensity to hoard limited edition and new offerings has only just begun.

It will not get any easier to find them. The "Facebook fanatics" propensity to hoard limited edition and new offerings has only just begun.

You say that like a large SB contingent doesn't do the same thing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You say that like a large SB contingent doesn't do the same thing....

I'm sure many do but they don't advertise it here.

I'm sure many do but they don't advertise it here.

Please refer to the "show your stash" and "I just bought" threads ;)

How long do you have to hold a bottle before it qualifies as "hoarding"?

I do have a designated "hoarding" shelf, but it ends up with a fairly robust inventory turnover rate.

How long do you have to hold a bottle before it qualifies as "hoarding"?

I do have a designated "hoarding" shelf, but it ends up with a fairly robust inventory turnover rate.

If you buy them knowing you will never drink them all, that is hoarding.

Man, I hope I get one of these this year but its gone past me even thinking I'll have a shot at it at retail.

If you buy them knowing you will never drink them all, that is hoarding.

Some would call it "insurance." :grin:

I have said it before but if you buy them knowing you will never drink them it might as well be filled with water.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Having had both F recipes I am glad to see it getting a turn, I love both the Fs I have had. The flavor was different in a good way and both delicious, kind of refreshing is how I'd describe them yet full flavored. One was more dark toffee and clove the other apricot and green apple with a touch of mint, must get some more!!

apricot and green apple with a touch of mint

That's what I get out of this bottle I have from the GS. It's interesting for sure. I can't say it's my favorite, but I've only had a few pours so far.

• 2 months later...

Tried this at WF and it was just as good as other FRSB "F" barrel picks I've had. If your're unlucky enough to not get a bottle, just go grab a retail FRSB "F" pick...odds are it'll be just as good or close as the 2014 LE and any differences negligible.

Tried this at WF and it was just as good as other FRSB "F" barrel picks I've had. If your're unlucky enough to not get a bottle, just go grab a retail FRSB "F" pick...odds are it'll be just as good or close as the 2014 LE and any differences negligible.

Good feedback. I will look to pick it up as a retail pick for less $$$.

Jim Rutledge said 6000 bottles today, although I'd think the press release is probably correct

Jim Rutledge said 6000 bottles today, although I'd think the press release is probably correct

Is a seemingly low number. Wonder why. Seems they would have plenty of this recipe in this age range. Curious.

Maybe they didn't have any more that matched the profile they wanted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked this up earlier today, 7122 bottles released for 2014.

Just picked this up earlier today, 7122 bottles released for 2014.

Just curious where you are located. Want to see where they are showing up. I don't think I will try to track one down. I am waiting to pick up a store select of the same recipe for about $30 cheaper.

Just curious where you are located. Want to see where they are showing up. I don't think I will try to track one down. I am waiting to pick up a store select of the same recipe for about $30 cheaper.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!